£668 raised at Macmillan Coffee Morning - THANK YOU!!!

£668 raised at Macmillan Coffee Morning - THANK YOU!!!

Shellz
I'm blown away. Such an astonishing turnout, such a great atmosphere, such a great amount of money raised.

Thank you for incorporating cake into your Saturday row.

Thanks to gig/rowing club members who donated money, time, effort, energy and in particular to the kitchen helpers who kept coffee and tea flowing, cut cake, chatted, made non-rowing "random" visitors feel so welcome, and just dug in and got on with things which made the day effortless: Julia, Kim/Kimberley, Chris & Emily and Baby Bump, Robina, Ali, Jackie, the Copelands and Keiran for hanging bunting where us shorties couldn't reach. I'm sure I've forgotten someone on the front line so give yourself a mention below and me a slap on the wrist.

Thank you to those of you who bought raffle tickets, bought sandals, played games and ate vast quantities of cake. So much for me having a 1am crisis thinking we wouldn't have enough!

Thanks to those of you who couldn't make it but either sent cash or donated on the Just Giving page (www.justgiving.com/Shelley-Cook1)

In case you're over at the marina tomorrow for gig rowing, the party continues... all the leftover cake is in the unit for post rowing tomorrow morning. There's an honesty box for donations.

Also left behind is the "Spot the Cake" game in case anyone else wants a go. £2 a guess will win you half the kitty, just pop your name onto the page and I'll collect it and the honesty box tomorrow after rowing. I've brought the answer home with me and will reveal it tomorrow afternoon.

You guys rock!!

Shel x

Re: £668 raised at Macmillan Coffee Morning - THANK YOU!!!

Sadie snowdon
£680 I'll do £12 x x

Sent from my iPhone

On 26 Sep 2015, at 18:37, Shellz [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/668-raised-at-Macmillan-Coffee-Morning-THANK-YOU-tp5558.html

Re: £668 raised at Macmillan Coffee Morning - THANK YOU!!!

Teri
From a galley rowing perspective this morning Shellz, it was utterly lovely to come back from a long row and duck into Northney for good tea and scrumptious cake(s)!      Made the day!!!    And even better - well done you for shaking that amount out of rowing pockets for the MacMillan fund.   Fantastic!!

Re: £668 raised at Macmillan Coffee Morning - THANK YOU!!!

Shellz
I did forget some thanks - those who donated cakes, crafts, jam, chutney and raffle prizes.

Am really looking forward to digging into my bottle rhubarb chutney, thank you Frances! :)

Shel x

Re: £668 raised at Macmillan Coffee Morning - THANK YOU!!!

Shellz
Thank you Sadie, you're a star!

xx

Re: £668 raised at Macmillan Coffee Morning - THANK YOU!!!

Liz Hall
That's absolutely brilliant. Well done for organising it.   Sorry we couldn't make it today as John is away and I had a prior commitment, but I will donate via Just Giving.

Re: £668 raised at Macmillan Coffee Morning - THANK YOU!!!

Excellent stuff Shelley. Big well done you.