999 event final organisation

Tim has been shanghaied away to Bridport for the gig regatta on Sunday sadly so we are on our own for the 999 event.
As I understand it, in addition to the shore crew, ten people are available to row:
Jenny
Dawn
Sue
Richard
June
Barry
Steve
Marilyn
Victoria
Chris P

This would normally indicate two galleys but the weather forecast is for F4 westerly winds and the Met Office is predicting F6 gusts, a bit lively for galleys. The best alternative is to take the pilot gig Shearwater because she looks the part with her 19th century lines and wooden construction but I am aware that not all of you have rowed a gig before. Could you all indicate if you are happy with that?
The next best alternative might be to take Gladys and Mabel but that might take a bit of organising. Tell me what you all think.

Re: 999 event final organisation

Marilyn Rogers
Hi Chris,
A little confused again !!! I am happy to row a gig ,but will step down if that makes life easier, Marilyn .

Re: 999 event final organisation

Jenny

Hi Chris
Dawn and me would prefer the Claytons. Dawn hasn't rowed a gig before and I haven't for ages. However if you decide on the gig we are both happy to have a go!!!!
Thanks
Jenny

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Marilyn Rogers [via Langstone Cutters RC] wrote ----

Hi Chris,
A little confused again !!! I am happy to row a gig ,but will step down if that makes life easier, Marilyn .

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/999-event-final-organisation-tp4452p4453.html
To start a new topic under Langstone Cutters RC, email ml-node+[hidden email]

Re: 999 event final organisation

Richard Harrison
Hi Chris
Looking at forecast I agree with your suggestion of just taking Shearwater (although a final decision could be made tomorrow)   I think claydons may not be so suitable as they are not wooden hulled and don't fit with Victorian era and also might need getting out of water tomorrow if they are to be ready for Sunday.   I can be around from 2ish on Sunday but realise that Shearwater cant take 10 rowers so won't be gutted if I don't row - i.e. I am willing to stand down if necessary.

Re: 999 event final organisation

June ekberg
Hi Chris, I haven't rowed a gig for about a year so happy to stand down.

Re: 999 event final organisation

dawn
Hi I have never rowed in a gig happy to step down
Dawn

Re: 999 event final organisation

Will row whatever you put me in or stand down.   Cheers

Re: 999 event final organisation

Barry Scott
Hi Chris

I am happy to fit into any arrangements you decide.
At the moment I am without broadband but will make efforts to stay in touch.

Barry

Re: 999 event final organisation

Hi all,
The forecast looks fairly reasonable with F4 westerlies so I think it is likely the event will go ahead.
We need eight for an optimum crew so I would be grateful if the following could meet at Northney Marina at 14.00 to get Sheerwater ready for towing to the Ferryboat Inn for launching and rowing round to the site of the event.
Richard
Barry
Sue
Steve
Victoria
June
Jenny

Many thanks for your offer to row, Dawn and Marilyn, and if you would like to bang the drum for the Cutters at the event please come along!
Steve is liaising with the event organiser and will let us know of any changes in plan or cancellation in good time.

Re: 999 event final organisation

Jenny

Just checking we are all still dressing in 1860's style?

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC] wrote ----

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/999-event-final-organisation-tp4452p4467.html

Yes (although I suspect the closest I will be able to get to 1860s style is a striped T shirt).

Re: 999 event final organisation

Jenny

Hi Chris
What's the code to get into Northney?

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/999-event-final-organisation-tp4452p4470.html
To start a new topic under Langstone Cutters RC, email ml-node+[hidden email]

Re: 999 event final organisation

Andrew B
Jenny - no code needed daylight hours
Andrew

Re: 999 event final organisation

Jenny

Ok thanks

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Andrew B [via Langstone Cutters RC] wrote ----

Jenny - no code needed daylight hours
Andrew

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/999-event-final-organisation-tp4452p4472.html
To start a new topic under Langstone Cutters RC, email ml-node+[hidden email]