Arrangements for the Ouse

Hi all,
         Apologies for the delay in getting this posted but there was quite a bit to sort out.

Firstly here is a link to the excellent information for the day.

https://tinyurl.com/HOTO24

We will be taking Langstone Lady and SWeare Deep as this avoids using the top of the double trailer. Also there are a number of Celtics going so it makes sense to take ours. I have updated the crews post to reflect this change.

Pete is towing Langstone Lady and Tim and I are towing Sweare Deep

The plan is to get the boats onto their trailers after the Wednesday row as there are lots of us around and Thursday and Friday this week are wet so I don't think anyone will be needing them.

We will still need to get the trailers down the ramp and hitched up on Saturday morning so please could you post below if you are able to help. We will need about 8 people to do this. Meeting time 8 as the towers need to be away by 8.30am.

Everyone else please be at Newhaven by 11am to help launch the boats ( except Heather, Julie and Jo who I know will be there by 12 )

There is free all day parking at Newhaven at West Beach Car park which actually seems to be along the beachfront rather than an actual car park.

From there its about a 5 min walk up to the slipway and welcome desk.

Once we have launched ....

The mens race starts at 1pm

The mens crews + Dee will row up to Lewes possibly pause in the Pub  and then Dave and Chris will drive them back to Newhaven to meet the ladies and recover the boats at 4.30 ish.

Jenny and Lynn will drive all the ladies up to Lewes ready for the ladies race at 3pm. There should be seven of you as I will be coxing the men.

These are the instructions for parking at Lewes ....
Parking at Lewes is at Harvey's Brewery. Put BN7 2JW into your sat nav to get to Harveys Way. Ignore the public car park on your right and drive to the very end of the road where you will see the brewery yard on your right. Please drive in carefully ( there is a pedestrian right of way) and park in the yard.

Thank you to Jenny and Dave and Chris and Lynn for making this bit possible!!

Hope everyone is looking forward to this it looks like a great adventure and a lovely place to row.

Re: Arrangements for the Ouse

Vernon Seddon
I can be there on Saturday morning, thank you for organising us Rachel.
Vernon

Re: Arrangements for the Ouse

Julie A
I can be there for 8 as I'm getting a lift with Pete

Re: Arrangements for the Ouse

Tim and I will be there for 8.30.

Re: Arrangements for the Ouse

Dave M
Hi Rachel

We will be there for 08:30 on Saturday.

Dave & Jenny

Re: Arrangements for the Ouse

T Way
I will be there.
Tina

Re: Arrangements for the Ouse

Heather Green
Claire T and I can be there to help at 8.30am. See you then! Heather

Re: Arrangements for the Ouse

Perfect thank you everyone we have enough now for loading

Re: Arrangements for the Ouse

Liking the idea of the pub !

Re: Arrangements for the Ouse

Mo Evans
Hi Rachel and all,

Just to add that we have been asked to put an A4 sign saying HOT24 on our dashboard if parking in Harveys Brewery in Lewes.  I guess so that they know which cars are invited to park for a longer period of time.

Also, it's been pointed out that it's Goodwood this weekend, and along with the A27 restrictions, be aware of potential traffic holdups.

Good luck everyone, have a great day, see you there!

Mo

Re: Arrangements for the Ouse

Chris Waterworth
Do we need life jackets for this one?

Re: Arrangements for the Ouse

Hi Chris no we don't need lifejackets only the coxes do

Re: Arrangements for the Ouse

Lesley Grainger
Good luck everyone 🍀 I would have loved to have been with you.
Have a great race
Lesley G x

Re: Arrangements for the Ouse

Jo Beardsall
GOOD LUCK everyone. Have a great day. Jo and Rich

Re: Arrangements for the Ouse

Hi, just wanted to wish you all good luck at HOTO today. Sorry I can’t be there, but hope the rain holds off for you all.

Hope you bring back a trophy or two as well, the cabinet in the Royal Oak is looking a little bare these days…

I look forward to seeing the photos and hearing all the stories….