Arundel Festival delights now til 31st August

Arundel Festival delights now til 31st August

Andy Mac
Hi All

The very fine Arundel Festival starts today and you might like to pop along and enjoy the huge amount of events on offer. There is free entertainment and music on the open air stage next to the river at Jubilee gardens and the Art Trail is an absolutely must. You can park foc in London road near the Cathedral OR there is a very large field / car park on the east side of town. Ignore the first roundabout when arriving from the west and stay on the A27 until you get to the next roundabout. Turn left towards Arundel and the car park is about 50 yards on the left. The town is absolutly buzzing during the festival with a huge amount on offer, much of which is free and it makes for a cracking day out. Do NOT try and park in the town centre.
Enjoy, Best

Re: Arundel Festival delights now til 31st August

Andrew B
what we should do is row from Arundel up to Amberley for tea, but so far as I know there is no public slip, which means LA which is on a boring stretch of river between banks all the way up to Arundel

(Little 'Ampton )
Andrew

Re: Arundel Festival delights now til 31st August

Andy Mac
Yep afraid so Andrew , the river from LA public slip to Arundel is pretty dull and flat.

I know a place a couple of hundred yards North of the town centre bridge in Arundel where we could pop a galley in, but the parking for the trailer would be a nightmare and we would only have an hour and a bit either side of high water, to be able to safely launch and retrieve the boat which frankly would be too much hassle.
You can actually launch at Ford but the red tape, must use the tractor stuff is a big turn off. Launch and recover is a minimum of £ 30.00 and the guy only works until 5.30 which takes you back to LA public slip for self launch and recover.