Bank Holiday Fun Day at East Head NOTE CHANGE OF TIME

Bank Holiday Fun Day at East Head NOTE CHANGE OF TIME

The Gig Club has kindly extended an invitation to join in their expedition to East Head on Bank Holiday Monday (25th). The plan is to tow boats round to Northney in the morning and launch at the north slipway. In the afternoon we would return directly to the Mill at high water.
Details of the event are as follows, from Brian's post on the gig club forum:
"Following the success of this event last year, The Rowing Committee is supporting a repeat performance on next bank holiday Monday .
 This row is open to all members and their families , you can elect to row or travel by car to East Head , Wittering or if you prefer do a one way row with your partner so you can swop over to  do the return leg by car and transport any young children.
Please BRING A PICNIC  and lots of enthusiasm, we will take our GIG CLUB FUN BAG for ROUNDERS , CRICKET and a  TUG OF WAR and please bring a KITE we will have a prize for the best home made KITE .who knows it may even be swimming weather .
The plan is to have the gigs ready berthed overnight ready to leave at 10.30 am from the Marina , any bulky  gear will be loaded onto vehicles at 10.15 to meet with us at the far westerly end of the West Wittering Car Park , our two club flags will signify the beach landing point at Wittering . Arrival estimated  at 12.30 for rowers to land at Wittering .
High tide is at 6 pm so gigs can be left on the beach anchors will be made available .
The return departure is anticipated at around 4.30 pm to enable us to land on the North Slipway and store the gigs at around 6 pm .
We hope to have a minimum of 3 gigs available , Kath and myself will take our car and set up the flags at East Head and take any bulky items and leave  from the Marina after the row has departed, any other drivers taking vehicles are welcome to join us for the day at Wittering ."
It sounds like a great day out. If you are interested, post here.

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at East Head with the Gig Club

Andy Mac
Hi Chris
Sounds great. Yes please.

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at East Head with the Gig Club

Hi Chris,
This sounds great . Has anyone mentioned that the Corkers are planning a training row at 4.0
Just testing  the waters at the moment but would it be possible to incorporate both .
See you on the water .... Les ....🚣 .....

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at East Head with the Gig Club

Sounds fun Chris, Ron and Cheryl for this please

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at East Head with the Gig Club

Already going with Gig club so see you all over there. Marion

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at East Head with the Gig Club

Annika
All 5 Loh's are keen to row there and back!  If that is possible.  It sounds like a great day out to me.  Katy

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at East Head with the Gig Club

Marcus and I are keen for a day out at East head for fun and games with the gig club.

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at East Head with the Gig Club

Liz and John
We would both like to come along.

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at East Head with the Gig Club

Yes please for me,BUT for fun can I find a quiet sand dune and read my book ?Marilyn .

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at East Head with the Gig Club

Annika
Sorry, the Loh's will have to back out.  We have a surprise visit from Holger's brother from Germany arriving in the the middle of the day.

Have a great day.

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at East Head with the Gig Club

Sorry, i find I am unable to join you at East Head tomorrow, hope the sun shines for you, Marilyn .

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at East Head with the Gig Club

Slight change of plan...because Sallyport and Bembridge are already at Northney on the double trailer, we will meet there and launch with the gig club. Please get there by 10.00.
We will be back no later than 17.00 to pass the boats over to the Cork crews (so we won't have to load the boats back on again hooray).
Bring food! And layers!

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at East Head NOTE CHANGE OF TIME

If you are starting earlier and can be back for the Cork team row then I'd like to come.

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at East Head NOTE CHANGE OF TIME

Yes please Nigel.

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at East Head NOTE CHANGE OF TIME

Super day. Good fun.
Thanks Chris & thanks Giggers.