Bank Holiday row to East Head with the Gig club

Bank Holiday row to East Head with the Gig club

The Gig club have kindly invited us to join them for their annual row to East Head for Bank Holiday fun and games. Everyone brings their own picnic and families are welcome to drive over and join in. The tides mean we need to tow boats over to the Marina and launch from there so numbers will be limited by how many people offer to tow. We would need to meet at about 10 at the Mill for an 11 am launch at Northney and the plan is to come back about 4 pm. The weather is currently forecast to be dry but pretty breezy but a lot can change in a week :-) Please post if you are interested, so far we have ....

Mike - who has kindly offered to tow
Rachel
Steve W and daughter Carly
Andy
Ron
Cheryl
Les

Re: Bank Holiday row to East Head with the Gig club

Andy Mac
Hello Rachel
Me please

Re: Bank Holiday row to East Head with the Gig club

Hi Rachel, Ron and Cheryl for this please ~ Cheers

Re: Bank Holiday row to East Head with the Gig club

Les Goodall
Hi Rachel.
Yes please.
Les..

Re: Bank Holiday row to East Head with the Gig club

Hi Rachel,
Yes please for this

Re: Bank Holiday row to East Head with the Gig club

Crew,

We can "shuttle"  x2 or 3 boats on the single trailer to Northney slip and we should be able to retrieve them from the Mill on the evening flood tide, so sign up and watch this space for more details.

Re: Bank Holiday row to East Head with the Gig club

Ok folks, an update on the Bank Holiday row. Mike is no longer available so we have

Steve W (towing boat across )
Carly
Ron
Cheryl
Les
Matt

The weather is looking a bit tricky at the moment with the Met Office showing a northerly wind which is gusting 34 mph. The Gigs will be fine but we will have to be sensible in the morning and cancel if it looks too much for a Galley. The other problem is that we have a couple more people than we can manage as I don't think a Teifi is an option ... would anyone be prepared to volunteer to drive round please?

Re: Bank Holiday row to East Head with the Gig club

ron and cheryl
Hi Rachel, Cheryl and I have been rowing a lot lately so we don't mind dropping out. Would have driven round to join you but bank holiday queues do not enthuse us. Hope you all have a good day all. All the best ~ Ron and Cheryl

Re: Bank Holiday row to East Head with the Gig club

Hi Rachel,
I'm happy to drive round of it helps.

Re: Bank Holiday row to East Head with the Gig club

Hi all, I've had a chat with Ron and Cheryl and they are happy to do other things tomorrow so all is well. Matt  we really need you cos it's a long row so we'll need to rotate so please don't drop out :-)

crew is ....
Steve
Carly
Les
Me

See you all at the Mill at 10 ish please to give us plenty of time to get the boat round and unloaded for an 11 am row. Don't forget suncream, water, warm layers and lots of food and drink plus kites, swimwear or anything else you fancy  :-)

Re: Bank Holiday row to East Head with the Gig club

Andy Mac
All noted- Mill 10ish.

Re: Bank Holiday row to East Head with the Gig club

No problem at all,
See you at 10

Re: Bank Holiday row to East Head with the Gig club

Les Goodall
Well that was a great craic!!
Thanks folks......

Re: Bank Holiday row to East Head with the Gig club

Andy Mac
Here. Here.
Cracking day out.
Lotsa fun.