Bosun, Celtic oars

michael
Geoff, we seem to have three port side oars in the Celtic. Or at least I could not sort them into pairs. Please look, I think a sleeve might need turning. I tried standing on my head but it did not help.
The repair is holding up well, I could not feel a difference.
Michael

Re: Bosun, Celtic oars

Geoffrey Shilling
You are correct   I made an assumption it was a stoke oar wrong it must be a port side  will sort it  Geoff

Re: Bosun, Celtic oars

Steph Savill
Hi Geoff

Can the oars be sorted out on Sweare deep please.
There was 3 for bow side and 1 for stroke side.
I personally found it difficult to use as the curve was sitting at the bottom instead of a flat.

Thanks Geoff
Steph

Re: Bosun, Celtic oars

Geoff let's you and I look at this together please as the ladies who rowed the GRR confirmed that the broken oar was indeed stroke side. We discovered today that the remaining oars are incorrectly labelled which may be what caused the confusion.

Re: Bosun, Celtic oars

Hi Steph. Did you have the problem on the row Michael posted about or a different one please?

Re: Bosun, Celtic oars

Steph Savill
Hi Rachel

It was on a different row I think it was on the 11th row so just before Michael post from the 15th.

It was the same again 26th when we went out. We tried sorting it out with Nigel by swopping oars around but made no difference so that is why I posted to say still a problem.

Hope that helps
Steph

Re: Bosun, Celtic oars

Hi all. Geoff says the Celtic oars are now sorted and labled