COWES ROW CANCELLED

I am very sorry about this but the wind predicted for Sunday is just a bit too high for safety - it will be gusting F5 right on to the slipway.
The Henley Whalers have already pulled out and I feel we should do the same. Geoff Probert and I are discussing alternative dates later in the month.
Irritatingly, conditions in the sheltered water of Langstone would be fine but the tides are all wrong.
Here's hoping we can get out in a few weeks.

Re: COWES ROW CANCELLED

Alan Harding
Hi Chris,

Many thanks for trying to organise this, making difficult but wise decisions and cancelling early.
I hope I speak for many members but we really appreciate you organising these really great adventures and hopefully we can do some more this year.

Thanks again,

Alan

Re: COWES ROW CANCELLED

michael
We agree, thanks for trying

Re: COWES ROW CANCELLED

Sensible decision but love your tow and rows so let's hope we can do some more this year. Thanks for all the organisation.

Re: COWES ROW CANCELLED

Mo Evans
Agreed! I appreciate you and Geoff putting safety first.  Thank you Chris, we can all look forward to the next opportunity for an away game.

Mo

Re: COWES ROW CANCELLED

Pete Reed
Completely agree with all the above comments.
Well done Chris and look forward to the next one.
Also the food ordering system was really easy and a great way to organise it.
Pete

Re: COWES ROW CANCELLED

benlevay
Sorry to hear your efforts came to naught Chris, but no doubt a wise choice. Just to say I get this is stereo as I'm still on the Henley Whalers list, and was frustrated because being down with covid, I couldn't get along (now fine again). But I did notice it was 100 years this week since the death of Shackleton, who made one or two open boat journeys himself. Maybe it'll be just perfect next year! Happy rowing in 2022 Ben

Re: COWES ROW CANCELLED

KeithY
Sensible Chris.
We  tried and organised and hopefully we can get another date.
Many thanks for all the effort