Chichester Harbour Notice to Mariners re Langstone Bridge

Chichester Harbour Notice to Mariners re Langstone Bridge

Anne3
I have been sent this. I expect others subscribe too, but I thought it would be interesting to everyone:

Langstone Bridge – Inspection Works

1.    Mariners are advised that an inspection of Langstone Bridge is required in order to determine the current state of the structure. This inspection will inform future repair works of both the bridge deck and supporting piers.

2.    The survey is being conducted on behalf of Hampshire County Council and aims to commence around 20 March 2024 and are expected to take approximately ten weeks.

3.    To complete the survey, two temporary pontoons shall be installed, and a scaffolding system erected on top of these to be able to safely inspect the underside of the bridge. The pontoons shall be tied to the bridge piers during works and then moved between piers as required.

4.    Mariners are requested to ensure that speed and wash are kept to a minimum whilst passing the survey pontoons.

5.    Navigation between Langstone and Chichester Harbours will not be affected by the inspection works.

6.    Cancel this LNTM 14 June 2024.

Captain Jo Cox
Harbour Master