Come on you Cutters, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Our Regatta

Come on you Cutters, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Our Regatta

Steve Woods
All, Friday :We have the opportunity to move the Galleys and Mabel to a pontoon in the Marina tomorrow. This would take the pressure of launching for a potential Saturday excursion and Sunday Racing 12MD onwards to the Marina. Mike has offered to tow with his Rib as he will be laying out the Gig Regatta course Can anyone spare an hour or more tomorrow to help me launch the Galleys and take Mabel over. Please confirm by 10 am tomorrow Saturday: as we have seen excursion on Saturday was cancelled please reconsider as we may well have some visitors to offer Hospitality too and swap boats and try a Skiff? . Personally I am not phased by the Emsworth and Chichester harbour activity and we can slip into Emsworth Marina if the slip is unavailable or subject to conditions and consensus picnic, if we row to and from the marina there is flexibility and Gigs to watch etc. Anyone up for a row? Sunday: The Gig club have approached some of our ladies to row Gigs ? We have a Galley empty ? I suggest x6 so folk can rotate through passenger and Cox on this extended row . Confirmation of rowers and crews by tomorrow 6pm please, if not look to the Gigs for Sunday Round Hayling. Steve

Re: Come on you Cutters, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Our Regatta

Louise

Hi Steve, I can help between 1pm and 3 pm if that is of any use?
Lou x

On 2 Jul 2015 21:50, "Steve Woods [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]
[hidden email]

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Come-on-you-Cutters-Friday-Saturday-Sunday-Our-Regatta-tp4628.html

Re: Come on you Cutters, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Our Regatta

Thanks for the note Steve, Marcus and I are away until late Friday evening so cannot help tomorrow. It would be good if there are others that can move the boats tomorrow. We are now around on Saturday if it needs to happen then. We also let Chris know we could do the excursion row but then it was cancelled.
As I was no longer rowing for the cutters on Sunday as the ladies crew diminished, and Brian West phoned me up to row in a gig space I said yes.  I would prefer to row even to help a  reasonable new gig crew to have the experience going round the island than not at all as it was yesterday.  I have also e mailed Rachel to let her know she could row too.  It is a big shame about the galley, but Chris did put several pleas out for rowers and no one said yes.

Re: Come on you Cutters, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Our Regatta

Teri
Hi Steve,  Hopefully coming over to Northney for a row in the St Ayles skiff at 1330 ............. but can happily come over to the Mill earlier & help move galleys and the Claydons

Re: Come on you Cutters, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Our Regatta

Hi Steve
Thanks for the rallying cry.
I am confused by much of this week's events, but above all how we lost the ladies galley crew?
Rachel, Christine are still looking to row. Kate M was very keen. At the very worst they were only one short plus Cox. Sallyport has a crew of six and we could have slimmed down to a crew of five and let the ladies have one of our number to make up their ladies team from our ranks,, or they could have borrowed a bloke and raced a mix team for round hayling? Sallyport could still manage with crew and Cox of five in total?

I am more than happy for an excursion row locally Saturday and will willingly row and crew in anything that floats. I would not do the Eastney excursion, purely as I want to be fully energised for the big one on Sunday.

I may be able to assist Friday, but not until around 1 pm if that is of any use to you?
Best
Andy
07407 734609

Re: Come on you Cutters, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Our Regatta

Hi Steve, good for you! Cheryl and I are available all day tomorrow to assist in any capacity required so just let us know where you want us and when. Cheryl and I would love to row with the other clubs on Saturday to show off our galleys wearing best rowing caps. Cheryl would be prepared to row round Hayling Sunday if called upon and I would cox if required but would need advice for sea stretch between harbours as I have coxed both harbours but not across. All the best ~ Ron and Cheryl

Re: Come on you Cutters, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Our Regatta

Hi Steve, I will help today, what time do you want us at the boat park ? I will be glad to actually talk to someone and not keep getting confused by the forum.Marilyn.

Re: Come on you Cutters, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Our Regatta

Teri
Hi Steve - apologies, can't escape from work today to help with boat moving.

Re: Come on you Cutters, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Our Regatta

I have let Rachel row I will fit in where ever for the cutters but it will leave the gigs a crew member down.

Re: Come on you Cutters, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Our Regatta

Hi Andy,
Congratulations on your new baby Granddaughter,
Please don't offer one of our crew to another boat, I for one need that passenger rest, we will be rowing for over three hours non stop.If it helps I will give up my seat for a A TEAM rower who is still looking for a row,
Marilyn.

Re: Come on you Cutters, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Our Regatta

Andy Mac
Hi Marilyn,
I am not offering anything, other than suggestions to the forum. I had no sleep Wednesday night and purely offered some ideas and input, which I would expect to be challenged as necessary. I was only broadly saying that I didn't understand much of what has happened this week with good reason.
I like you, signed up to enjoy an exciting challenging row on Sunday and hadn't expected events of the past few days, which have been ever changing and very confusing.
See you soon.
Best

Re: Come on you Cutters, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Our Regatta

Here goes all those that can meet 12.30 to move boats to the marina or not ( we are just confirming with Marina) Mabel is just about to float of the bund and itching to be part of the Weekend Regatta and the Gallies are whimpering for their chance to go round the island. If all else fails we can go for a row !

The intent is enjoy the buzz of the weekend event share boats and Row round the island as a good GRR training session and for glory!

Notes: Hoi Lantern maybe looking for crew this pm
Concern over Bembridge leak means she may well stay on land until Sunday ?