Covers on Swearedeep and Gladys

Geoffrey Shilling
They were not tied very well. It took me ages to bale them. Gladys had a tie not tied . The others were not pulled tight.
Sweare deep cover was the same the string was loose so it filled with water. It will rip the cover with the weight of water. You must do better. Geoff

Re: Covers on Swearedeep and Gladys

michael
Geoff, I saw the covers of both Gladys and Mabel had water catchment on land, it would appear the motion afloat keeps them clear.
The new covers are lovely, I am not sure how to resolve this.

Re: Covers on Swearedeep and Gladys

nigel
Water-pipe insulation foam on the outboard lengths of the battens ***helps raise the “ saggy” bits just that little bit, and keep the water running off……

*** and the stern ( and bow) lengths of tension rope.