On Sunday the 29th I'm down as beachmaster. Unfortunately, due to altered arrangements at Christmas, I can no longer guarantee to be available for this session. Please could anyone do a swap of duties with me?
If you wish to phone to see what is involved (or any other queries) my home phone number is in the club list.
Many thanks to anyone who may be able to help out.
The club rowing on the 29th is scheduled for 07-30 hrs (!!!)
The time of high tide is 08-22 and the range is predicted to be 3.0 metres (HW 4.5m) i.e. tide is nearer neaps than springs, and so the rowing window is slightly limited -perhaps 2hrs max.
Bearing in mind the turnout of rowers at our last 4 events starting at this hour of the morning, it is likely that even with good weather the numbers attending will be very small.
Sea temperature will be about 8.5 degrees Centigrade.
Does that help with a decision on your kind (possible) offer?