EVERYONE PLEASE READ ..Using the gate.

Tom Bennett
To try and prevent small dogs getting under the gate and attacking the nesting swans again this year I've installed plywood flaps under the gate.  These do not prevent the gate opening as they fold upwards as the gate is pushed fully open. What is important PLEASE is to lift them with the attached cord before pulling the gate shut. As a bonus I've adjusted the gate hinges so it's now easy open with no lifting and pushing required!

To some degree this is an experiment but hopefully it will prove more effective that other attempts made by local residents. It's important that we are good neighbours so I'd hope this will help.

Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ ..Using the gate.

Pete Reed
Brilliant
Well done Tom

Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ ..Using the gate.

Tom,
Thank you so much for doing all this, we all really appreciate the
thought as well as the work that went into this.
The gate "our front door to the community" has now answered their
wishes as well as our memberships desire to help the local wildlife.
This really is a lovely solution.
If you could stop the swan biting our bottoms that would be the icing
on the cake!!!
Thanks again,
Michael (Box user, gate opener and Chairman)

Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ ..Using the gate.

Lift string in middle of gate when closing
Do not pull string to open only to close

Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ ..Using the gate.

Thanks for the hard work Tom, looks really good

Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ ..Using the gate.

Rich Beard
Great job Tom