Eel Island Pie Race

Matt O’Neill
At Eel Island Pie race (Richmond bridge, up and back - 6.5 miles) today with CYC in a Thames Waterman Cutter - beautiful 6 oar wooden boat.
We came 2nd overall, after handicap.

This is DEFINITELY a race the Cutters should add to the calendar next year, it was a lot of fun, lots of regular crews we all know and great banter between all.

Re: Eel Island Pie Race

Dee
Raced many times with the Barbers crew , concur fun race ! .
RBB have a great race calender

Re: Eel Island Pie Race

Les Goodall
It’s actually called : eel pie island : had some great times there in the 1960s 💃🕺

Re: Eel Island Pie Race

tombennettx@gmail.com
I lived never there in the late sixties. Eel Pie was definitely alternative and lively.