Excursion on Friday 28th - 9am at the Mill

Excursion on Friday 28th - 9am at the Mill

Hi all,
     The only day I can row this week is Friday and luckily the weather looks OK. High tide is 11.10 (4.9m) so a row from the Mill at 9 looks possible. Let me know if you fancy joining me and we will work out what to do later in the week based on the weather and crew. This is an extra row not a replacement for Chris P's mid-week row so you might want to wait for him to post before you commit to anything rash :-)

Re: Excursion on Friday 28th

Yes, it is a replacement for the mid week row!
The weather is forecast to be wet and windy for the entire week and Friday is the only feasible option I think. Depending on the weather on the day, I suggest we take elevenses to East Head. Bring a flask and home made cookies (he says, hopefully).
I think we should meet at 0900 to make the most of the tide.

Re: Excursion on Friday 28th

Hi Rachel, Ron and Cheryl for this please ~ Cheers

Re: Excursion on Friday 28th

Perfect I get a row and Chris is in charge :-). Please note time is now 9am

Re: Excursion on Friday 28th

nigel
I'd also like to get on the water on Friday, and not IN IT as in the rest of the week!

Re: Excursion on Friday 28th - 9am at the Mill

I would love to join you all just to blah on and on about how great it was last Saturday to row out of Yarmouth Harbour turn left and head to Hurst Castle and the Needles, dashing past Black Rock buoy, coursing in and out of the stream oh and the wonderful coffee flavour ice cream courtesy of Mingelas.

All after a hearty breakfast, morning row and smoked salmon and Guinness lunch with fellow rowers from Yarmouth!

Did I mention that we also won both races against the home crew as part of the Yarmouth Carnival celebrations on possibly the last sunny day of summer.....a Tow Row with a difference .... What's not to like about rowing!

😎

Re: Excursion on Friday 28th - 9am at the Mill

Mike Gilbert

I met Russ today, he was really chuffed LCGC went and has a number of new contacts.. All helps to grow rowing...

Speculation is now back with until the GRR.

On 25 Aug 2015 5:25 pm, "Timp [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would love to join you all just to blah on and on about how great it was last Saturday to row out of Yarmouth Harbour turn left and head to Hurst Castle and the Needles, dashing past Black Rock buoy, coursing in and out of the stream oh and the wonderful coffee flavour ice cream courtesy of Mingelas.

All after a hearty breakfast, morning row and smoked salmon and Guinness lunch with fellow rowers from Yarmouth!

Did I mention that we also won both races against the home crew as part of the Yarmouth Carnival celebrations on possibly the last sunny day of summer.....a Tow Row with a difference .... What's not to like about rowing!

😎

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Excursion-on-Friday-28th-9am-at-the-Mill-tp5283p5291.html

Re: Excursion on Friday 28th - 9am at the Mill

Hi Tim, I will bring your tiny T-shirt with me :-) please bring £18 which I think you will agree is a bargain for any device capable of that much inflation.

Re: Excursion on Friday 28th - 9am at the Mill

marilyn Rogers
And me please Marilyn.

Re: Excursion on Friday 28th - 9am at the Mill

Frances
Hello, I'd like to join you all Friday 9am please

Re: Excursion on Friday 28th - 9am at the Mill

Richard Harrison
Can I also join the row?
cheers

Re: Excursion on Friday 28th - 9am at the Mill

Hi all, so far we have 9 .... Chris,Me,Ron,Cheryl,Nigel,Tim,Marilyn,Frances and Richard
Looks like being a lovely sunny day ...anyone out there fancy making it 10 :-) ... how about you Geoff?

Re: Excursion on Friday 28th - 9am at the Mill

Just a reminder to bring elevenses,a flask of your favourite mid-morning pick-me-up (we won't pry) and home-made cookies. As organiser I won't be making cookies myself of course and you should all be grateful for that but I am looking forward to sampling yours.

Re: Excursion on Friday 28th - 9am at the Mill

OK count me in...

Mike Gilbert
Langstone Adventure Rowing

+ 44 (0) 7767 350 512
+ 44 (0) 2392 451 846

"Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat." Jean-Paul Sartre

On 27 August 2015 at 11:12, Rachel [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all, so far we have 9 .... Chris,Me,Ron,Cheryl,Nigel,Tim,Marilyn,Frances and Richard
Looks like being a lovely sunny day ...anyone out there fancy making it 10 :-) ... how about you Geoff?

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Excursion-on-Friday-28th-9am-at-the-Mill-tp5283p5310.html

Re: Excursion on Friday 28th - 9am at the Mill

Cheryl, at this moment, is making home-made Chocolate Crunch Cake for the elevenses! A recipe given to her by Rosie Harrison (Richard Harrison's wife) when they worked together at school. It has to be tried! Cheers ~ Ron
PS Need more for Saturdays' row