Fishing expedition Friday 0900

James and I want to go mackerel fishing, it being that time of year. Gladys is the ideal fishing vessel in our fleet, being stable and with lots of room for hauling in the miraculous draft of fishes we confidently expect.
So, the plan is to meet on Friday at 0900, row to a suitable spot and fling out some hooks. I will bring my gas ring so when we return we will be able to have fried mackerel with chips and beer from the pub (or we will just have chips and beer if things are less successful).
You will need a hand line with hooks and feathers - they cost a few quid in fishing shops. If you have a short rod feel free to bring that.
We will also need a few buckets with lids - if you can bring one please say.
Post here if you are interested. We can put on other boats as required.

Re: Fishing expedition Friday 0900

James Griffin
yes please - i will bring hand line & bucket with lid
and a sharp knife