Five Miles from home 20-24th April

We have received this invitation to take part in this year's 5 miles from home event

Following on from the success of the international 5 Miles From Home Series organised last year by Castle to Crane, Ocean to City and Welsh Sea Rowing, we have decided to launch again for 2022.

As everyone is now back on the water -long may it continue- 5 Miles From Home will be held as a one-off event rather than the series format used for 2021. All boats that enter will be able to complete their challenge between 20-24 April, giving every crew enough time to take part.

Just like last year, most types of human powered coastal craft are eligible to enter and we’ll use the same handicap system to give everyone an equal chance of winning. Land based options remain available for those who cannot go afloat.

The challenge can be joined from anywhere in the world, with participants completing the 5 mile course from their home waters. Registration will be open between 16 March – 13 April and early bird entry is £10 per boat and £5 per kayak/SUP. We will send you another email once Registration is open.

Please post if you are interested in taking part and I will put some crews together to give us a chance to train.

Thank you!

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

Joan
Yes please for me. Joan

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

Claire Tomlinson
Yes please.

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

Yes please. Sue

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

Karen Bakovljev
Yes please Rachel

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

Alan Harding
Hi Rachel,

Yes please.

Thanks,

Alan

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

Mark Taylor
Rachel,  I am interested.  I had already received this email as captain of team Gladys last year.  I asked Chris Murray  and Pete Reed if they were interested to repeat last year's experience and both said yes.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

Vernon Seddon
Yes please Rachel

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

MartinS
Thanks Rachel. Would like to participate depending on the date that is selected.

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

RichardH
Hi Rachel

Yes please

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

yes please Rachel.

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

Lynn Murray
Yes please Rachel

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

Mark Taylor
Rachel,  further to my earlier post,  Pete Reed has received an email from Phil Polwin, saying he is interested in repeating the team Gladys experience but only available on the 23 24 th.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

Hi Rachel,
Yes please for me if there’s room still

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

KeithY
If there is still room then yes please

Keith

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

Mike Ballard
Yes please, Rachel
Thanks, Mike

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

Can I sign up please. I think I'm booked into team Gladys as cox already. Thanks

Re: Five Miles from home 20-24th April

Colin McPhee
Hello

Please can I sign up