Fryup row

Bank Holiday Monday is forecast to be really nice, with mist in the morning clearing to a sunny day. And all the fitness freaks are away doing gig championships and monster rows from London to Paris and stuff, so while their backs are turned why don't you join me for a big fried breakfast at East Head?
We will meet at the Mill slipway at 08.00hrs, armed with my stove, a frying pan and lots of illegal substances such as bacon, spam, eggs and oil. Fried bread, anyone? We should be back by 12.00 at the latest.
If you are interested, please hit 'reply'.

Re: Fryup row

Barry Scott
It sounds really unhealthy, count me in! Pat wants to drive round and join us, is that OK?
Can we bring anything?

Re: Fryup row

Everyone is welcome to drive round, as long as we have enough people to fill the boats. Bring your favourite forbidden fried breakfast - black pudding? Sausages? Kippers? Hash browns?

Re: Fryup row

Penny
sounds great, will try & be there, need to check whats happening here first!

Re: Fryup row

Liz Hall
We would both like to join in.  We could bring our small picnic stove if a 2nd one would be useful, plus a frying pan.  Will bring bacon & eggs etc.

Re: Fryup row

Mark and Frances would like to be part of the Monday Bank holiday row. I'll bring some bacon, eggs and bread. Chris, do you need another pan? Let me know anything else.

Re: Fryup row

Hi Chris...
I woold love to join you for breaky,can I bring anything?

Re: Fryup row

OK here's the plan.
Firstly, there is change of destination. On mature consideration, the neap tide (4.1m) means it is unlikely we will have time to get out to East Head, have breakfast and get back before the water leaves, so instead we will start with a row out to Marker Point and come back to the beach at Northney, next to the north slipway, where we will have breakfast. Then it is a short hop back to the Mill.
The meeting time remains at 08.00 but if one or two people could arrive a little early we could get the boats in for a prompt departure.
There are eleven of us coming, so we will take Gladys and Mabel.
Please bring one item of evil fry-up food, enough to provide a taster for everyone. Don't be super-generous - we don't want to be taking mountains of food back with us. I will be bringing spam, delicious fried.
Other options include eggs, bread, bacon, sausages, black pud, hash browns, mushrooms and beans. Please specify what you are bringing to avoid duplication.
To simplify things, please bring a plate and eating irons, and a flask with your favourite breakfast fluid in it (we won't pry).
I will bring a stove and a frying pan, and if a couple of other people would do the same we will be able to get the job done quickly.
Have I forgotten anything?
See you tomorrow!

Re: Fryup row

Geraldine
Hi Chris,
If there is still space on this escapade then Tom and Toby and I would like to tag along. We can bring snausages and a frying pan and primus if required.
Unfortunately I am suffering from a trapped nerve so would prefer to cox or be a passenger.
Geraldine

Re: Fryup row

You are all on the list, which now includes:
Barry
Penny
Liz and John Hall
Mark and Frances Taylor
Les
The Horners
Me (and possibly Nichola if I can get her out of her bed in time).

Re: Fryup row

Liz Hall
Hi everyone, we will bring 6 rashers of bacon and 5 eggs plus oil.  Too late now to buy larger quantities.  Will also bring a small picnic stove, matches, frying pan & egg slice thingy.

Re: Fryup row

Mark Taylor
Mark and Frances will be bringing eggs and bread
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Fryup row

Hi all I will bring 12 duck eggs & 8 sausages + pan if needed

Re: Fryup row

What a great day!
There is a satellite track here: http://runkeeper.com/user/chrismpartridge/activity/176669199
(note much faster track round the saltings with me and Tom in the Teifi!).

Re: Fryup row

Mark Taylor
Thanks for organising a great row and fry up Chris. Perhaps we could hold the world championships next year to see who could row and then create the best breakfast. It would give those Cornish something to think about .
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk