GARDENING -stage 3, preparation for groundworks on second half of green

GARDENING -stage 3, preparation for groundworks on second half of green

Hi ALL,
Perhaps I should call this stage "3a" ........
                         We are rapidly running out of green grass growing time!
                      I take it that you all know that  AUTUMN is only hours away!

I'd like to have some help with the soil grading this week. I can be available with the riddles Tuesday, possibly am on Wednesday, and Friday.

There is soil to be rid of stones, sloping drainage channels to be dug, pipes laid, and hardcore/shingle to be laid, graded and covered. And that's before we even think of laying the base soil to get the levels right -and only then can we put down fine earth to sow the grass seed in!

I've done the hard bit, - dug down, over one-and-a-half metres, through tough clay and then into shingle, to make the drain.

Now it's up to you.....please sign up here for whenever you can manage some time, however short.

ANY / ALL HELP will be much appreciated
Nigel.

Re: GARDENING -stage 3, preparation for groundworks on second half of green

Andrew B
Hi Nigel,
What with all the boat and trailer movements this week for GRR, and the need to empty the area completely for one day surely it would be better to start next week ?
Best wishes
Andrew

Re: GARDENING -stage 3, preparation for groundworks on second half of green

nigel
This shouldn't interfere with the boats on the plot, but after the GRR the reverse may not be true.

Now it's up to you.....please sign up here for whenever you can manage some time, however short.

Re: GARDENING -stage 3, preparation for groundworks on second half of green

Nigel, I can do Friday morning. Cheers

Re: GARDENING -stage 3, preparation for groundworks on second half of green

nigel
Many thanks, Steve. I look forward to seing you on the "plot".
      Thanks also to Les Plater for your sterling work this afternoon - we now have the start of the surface run-offs laid out.

USERS OF THE PLOT !!!!! ATTENTION !!!
 There are now excellent mantraps  in the muddy half of the site. Most are at least partially covered BUT PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL MOVING AROUND THE SITE.     !
                                  AVOID THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE PLOT IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.
This warning applies to all site users at all times, until the completion of the grass growing process.
The length of that process depends on the members efforts (and of course our very British weather!).

Cheers
Nigel.

Re: GARDENING -stage 3, preparation for groundworks on second half of green

Nigel. I can come Friday afternoon. Around 2pm, unless my diary changes.
Christine