Gladys

nigel
Yesterday, before setting out on the excursion row, I pointed out to Chris that Gladys' rudder was "soft" at the waterline, and would need attention in the near future. I didn't realise quite how "near" that future might be! The rudder was performing oddly shortly after leaving and dropped off just as we were passing the marina!!!
It wasn't being "abused" in any way at the time, it was merely that the ply had weakened with age and water ingress.  This weakness had been brought to the attention of the bosun before the GRR, and I for one am very glad this didn't happen during the race!
At the end of play yesterday Teri showed a commendable interest in repairing the sa(i)d rudder.  Good for you, Teri, and good luck with the job!