Gravesend Regatta Aug 16/17

Mike Hall in Gravesend has sent me a note about the Gravesend Regatta on Aug 16/17, when they will be racing their Claydon skiffs. Anyone interested?

On the weekend of 16/17 we will have 4 skiffs in the water. There is no programme yet and this may depend on the number of people who show an interest. Generally the crews race against each other taking it in turns in the different skiffs which remain at the same starting stations throughout the day. Thus if we have 4 teams there will be 4 races so that each team has a go in each skiff. The races are broken down into men,  women and mixed. If you don’t have a complete crew I am sure we could put one together. Races approx every half hour - generally the first is at 11:00. Course is approximately a mile – half a mile downstream past the Prom, round a buoy and then a half mile return leg back to the start line. Therefore you will be with the tide one way and against the other way. Entry is £10 per team. If anybody is interested please let us know the numbers.

Hope you can make it
Mike