Great River Race 21st Sept 2024 - room for a few more!!

Great River Race 21st Sept 2024 - room for a few more!!

Hi all,

The Great River Race is on Saturday 24th September 2024 starting from London Docklands and rowing up to Ham House a distance of 21.6 miles (with the tide).  You can enter either just for the challenge and satisfaction of taking part, or to be competitive and try to come back with silverware. This is a really great day out and if you are worried about rowing the distance, remember that we change round as we row so you row for 40 minutes, then have a break for 20 minutes.   If you are currently able to row to Verner and back, and change seats in the boat in choppy conditions, then you would be able row in the GRR as there are 5 months to practice and by end August you will be confidently rowing to HISC or Ferryboat and back. Each crew will require three competent coxes.

I am posting this early because registration opens on 1st April and the number of entries is limited this year so if you would like to take part please reply to this post. The adult entry fee will be approx £100 ( £75 GRR entry plus  PIN money and contribution towards the costs of towing the boats to/from London and congestion charges and cranage/towing of two boats!). Payment is not needed yet.  Nearer the time we will be organising coach transport to London for the race which will cost approx £35 per person. The committee will do their best to try to accommodate everyone and will inform members of the proposed teams before finalising entries.

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Rich Beard
Hi Rachel.
I’d like to be considered for a team please

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Susan mccarthy
Could I please register my interest
Thankyou

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Steve Holder
I'd like to be involved if there's room. My back doesn't like the Claydons though.

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

PeterLov
Yes please Rachel

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Ann Carroll
Hi Rachel

Yes please I would like to be considered if there is room.

Ann Carroll

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Dave & Josie
Hi Rachel, can I please register my interest (just me) - Thank you!

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Yes please from Michael and Lesley

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Julie Carter
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Alan Harding
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Mark Taylor
Yes please
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Tom Bennett
Me too please.

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Claire Tomlinson
I’d be interested in doing this again.
Thanks Claire

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Heather Green
I’d like to register my interest please Rachel. Many thanks!

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Jo Kingsbury
I'd be interested please 🙂

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

I would like to register my interest ,possibly !

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Joan
Yes please for me. Joan

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Mike Ballard
Yes, please for me, if there’s room. Thanks, Mike

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Yes please.
Happy to go in a relaxed boat if there’s not enough people who want to race hard. Just love being there.

Re: Great River Race 21st Sept 2024

Lesley Grainger
Hi Rachel
Can I be considered please.