Great River Race triumph

A record ten boats entered this year and all did better than last year - a great performance from everyone!
And it was a blast...
Christine, Aileen, Shelley and Passenger First Class Molly bagged three (count 'em - THREE) trophies - fastest veteran women, fastest women on handicap (I think) and fastest Thames skiff. What a great achievement!
The codger crew (Geoff, Mike, Alan, Chris, Chris and Chris) won the Supervets trophy again. Sadly, a bunch of gorillas half their age robbed them of the Claydon trophy but hey, that's racing.
See you all tomorrow at 12.30 to get the boats back, compare blisters and brag. I will buy a whole pint for the person who tells the tallest tale explaining why they wuz robbed of a trophy.

Re: Great River Race triumph

Teri Baker
Has to be said!

Got home exhilarated, hurting, hungry, utterly knackered and HUGELY appreciative of an absolute cracking day out - Many thank yous to all the club organisers, boat haulers, boat repairer(s), and motivators who made it happen for us.

Brilliant GRR!!!

Re: Great River Race triumph

robina
I think I can guess who may get the pint, will have to record that one on camera!

Re: Great River Race triumph

Steve Sagrott
MANY CONGRATULATIONS to everyone in Langstone Cutters - but especially the old codgers who won the super vets trophy once again.

Well done everyone.

Steve

Re: Great River Race triumph

A massive Well Done to the ladies and of course to the codgers we are all proud of you! And I second Teri's huge thank you to Richard and Geoff and everyone at the club who organised the boats and towed them for us. It is such a great day out and a great club to be a part of. Thank you!  Rachel

Re: Great River Race triumph

John Chapman
Congratulations to all concerned on the GRR.
John Chapman