Hamble River Raid results

Re: Hamble River Raid results

Many congratulations to Bembridge, Lottie and Millie crews and to Sallyport who were only a whisker behind Avery A, and of course to the crews of Langstone Lady and Gladys.
A great Cutters day out , made all the more sweeter by taking home two trophies.

Re: Hamble River Raid results

Well done all, by my reckoning they still owe you a pot for the fastest overall time - rowing that is🍾

Cheers

Tim

Re: Hamble River Raid results

Tina Way
Banned User
I think Gladys did quite well time wise against the mega gigs!

Good day out!

Tina

Re: Hamble River Raid results

Andy Mac
No question about it Tina. Particularly on the return leg, rain, head wind and all.
Well done crew Gladys.

Re: Hamble River Raid results

alison kidd
A good day out all round I reckon for the Cutters despite the weather.

Alison

Re: Hamble River Raid results

It seems Bembridge has won another trophy at the HRR, as explained in this email from organiser Andy Cunningham:
"Dear Chris,
 I’m sure you are aware but ‘Bembridge’ yourself and Langstone Cutters ( however you play it? ) are the worthy winners of the Hamble River Combined Clubs River Raid Trophy ‘ Phew’ – Fastest Fixed seat O/A and the Hamble River Raid Key – Fastest Solent Galley ( Which you may have ).
When would it be appropriate for me to nip down and hand over?
As an aside, I have sent a certificate of completion ‘Of the windiest & wettest River raid ever’ & medals to your four young folk who rowed the Teiffi skiffs. I sent those to the adults who entered the forms. They deserve them
Not sending everybody/oldies just the youngsters!
Cheers
Andy Cunningham"

I will arrange a suitable day for Andy to come down and present Bembridge's crew with the trophy.
And congratulations to the junior girls for their medals and certificates - as Andy said, you deserve them!

Re: Hamble River Raid results

Andy Mac
Ahh - The missing trophy as intimated by Tim.

Many congrats Bembridge on making it a Cutters hatrick.
Andy
PS Medal for getting wet?
It's a watersport