Hooray Henry Midweek row Wednesday 12.30 Northney Marina UPDATE ?

Hooray Henry Midweek row Wednesday 12.30 Northney Marina UPDATE ?

Crew,

OK we can only fill one boat today. Sorry Francis and Nigel,  I was thinking a crew swap at Emsworth, but mindful of the weather and the potential of not making it to the Jetty. Please give consideration to organising rows tomorrow and Friday as best of the weather?

Today:

Steve, Geoff, Andy, Dee, Rachel, Barry.

Meet Red Compound 12:30
Trolley boat to LAR office collect Oars etc
Launch off Marina slip
Row possibly marker
Make for Emsworth jetty water/ wind permitting
Tea time 2pm ish  Ron and Cheryl may well join us.
cast off and return to stow boat and gear.

I will bring fenders and paddle prodders

Cheers

Crew,

Mindful of the disruption to folk up north and the flooding threat, not so jolly for some fellow Islanders. Meanwhile I ponder what to do for the midweek row, my fir cones suggests Wednesday and my bladderwrack the rising tide for one bell gone, so on the water for 1pm ish . Plan is to navigate swear deep and beyond in the St Alyes Skiffs so please bring £2.00 pin money, tea money just in case and a sense of humour not to mention layers both insulating and water repellent/proof !. x2 boats can take a crew of x6 each.  Please check the forum on the morning.  Thursday a possible option, anyone want to lead another row that day ?

Cheers

LIFE JACKETS (please bring your own or will be supplied)

Skiff One :

Steve
Geoff
Rachel
Barry

Skiff Two:

Re: Hooray Henry Midweek row Wednesday 12.30 Northney Marina ?

Andy Mac
Hark!
I hear a rallying cry, amidst tales of fir cones and bladder racks.
Me please, repellent and all.
Henry

Re: Hooray Henry Midweek row Wednesday 12.30 Northney Marina ?

Yes for me please Steve

Re: Hooray Henry Midweek row Wednesday 12.30 Northney Marina ?

Oh poo! Was hoping to row with you this week and Wednesday is my day off but have not one but three appointments! Have a good time guys xx

Re: Hooray Henry Midweek row Wednesday 12.30 Northney Marina ?

Me too please . .. Rachel

Re: Hooray Henry Midweek row Wednesday 12.30 Northney Marina ?

Barry Scott
Room for one more?

Barry

Re: Hooray Henry Midweek row Wednesday 12.30 Northney Marina ?

nigel
and me also, please. Thanks Steve.
Cheers
Nigel.

Re: Hooray Henry Midweek row Wednesday 12.30 Northney Marina ?

Frances
Hello, I can see the numbers are looking awkward to join in now, but I have suddenly become available. If anyone pulls out....my no is 07443 332209, maybe I might fill in? Or maybe, if anyone else is thinking of signing up, we might fill the secondboat? Obviously happy to not turn up if numbers wont work

Re: Hooray Henry Midweek row Wednesday 12.30 Northney Marina ?

Frances
As there have been no other sign ups, and I am 'over the numbers' for one boat frm Northney, I will definately not come. Hope you have a super row.

Re: Hooray Henry Midweek row Wednesday 12.30 Northney Marina ?

Silly question you my think but do we meet at the pontoon or the compound as I see the tide is out at 12.30 ??

Re: Hooray Henry Midweek row Wednesday 12.30 Northney Marina ?

Andy Mac
Blue compound Dee.

Faciing the North slipway, the blue compound is on your right hand side and the two Skiffs are right up the end.

Re: Hooray Henry Midweek row Wednesday 12.30 Northney Marina ?

Dee
Cheers Andy

Re: Hooray Henry Midweek row Wednesday 12.30 Northney Marina UPDATE ?

Thanks Andy, Blue compound Dee, we will pause by the LAR unit to stow the necessary. As you have noted,  not a lot of water but a useful neap on the flood tide, we will take great care of each other and the boat to launch safely on the marina slip and pontoon.

Cheers

Steve

Re: Hooray Henry Midweek row Wednesday 12.30 Northney Marina UPDATE ?

Hiya Guys

Yet another fine row for which many thanks to Steve for arranging.

A chilled drive home listening to Muddy Waters & The Beached Buoys rendition of " Round round get aground, I get aground. "

Re: Hooray Henry Midweek row Wednesday 12.30 Northney Marina UPDATE ?

Steve Woods
Cryptic..... watch this space for a full report!