Interesting post on Hamble River Rowing's Facebook Page - anyone fancy this?

Interesting post on Hamble River Rowing's Facebook Page - anyone fancy this?

Teri
Kevin Shepherd has put up the following post on Hamble River Rowing's FB page, and it doesn't half look an interesting spot of racing ............

"Hello all,

I have been asked to pass this invitation onto you, it is regarding a gig race taking place Saturday 29th August 2015. The race starts near to the container berth at the top of Southampton water and finishes just prior to Woodmill, the history of this race is a challenge between the ABP pilots and the crews of the patrol boats. They would like to increase the interest of the race and have opened it up to all, giggler took part year before last. We launched at the slipway situated just right of the new bridge Southampton side and rowed to the Empress Dock. They are meeting there at 1000hrs and towing the gigs from there to the start position. The start is 1130hrs at Eling Buoy. There will be BBQ and refreshments afterwards. All are welcome.

There isn't really an entrance fee, just please make a donation to abps charity via Virgin money giving page: search Gary olden.

 Can you please pass this on."

Have a suspicion I may be in Ghent that week (..... that's easily changed!)    -  this sounds right up the Cutter's proverbial street - bit different from looking at cruise liners too - any interest?

Re: Interesting post on Hamble River Rowing's Facebook Page - anyone fancy this?

Andy Mac
Sounds good to this rowaholic, if the club is keen to participate.