IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Sorry you won't be able to make it, Teri. You will be missing a great row!

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Teri Baker
Yes I know!!!    ................. :-(

But the row IS oversubscribed and I really should be at work, sooo ...............

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Hi Teri, how can they be making you work on a Sunday!!! We will be one short without you cos there are two spare seats in the Gig .... you will be really missed :-)

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Teri Baker
Hi Rachel,  I make it 10 in the Cutter Galley squads - ie 2 crews - yes?     The broken toe not happy with the thought of Gig stretcher bars - today was demoralising enough! ... and as a gig rower I can unfortunately see where I'd end up tomorrow!  ... aaaaand  I really should be doing prep for Monday :-S

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

It was the gig crew that was short but we have put everyone in galleys so all is well.

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Mike Gilbert

... If we have 3 boats and high tide at 10.35 (4.5) we will need to be quick to get boats on the double trailer and out before we get trapped!!

On 3 Jan 2015 19:06, "Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
It was the gig crew that was short but we have put everyone in galleys so all is well.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/IoW-Row-Sunday-Jan-4-tp2870p2912.html

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Shelley
Can I please stick to a Galley. This is my first long row since injury /illness and I like the idea of the ease of a gate and foot straps!

Thanks and hope not inconvenient.

Shel

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Thanks so much Chris for organising this one, great row, great company and great Pub. Thanks also to Mike and Victoria for the very welcome refreshments when we got back home. BTW 'rowing boat' 5 letters E*G*T is of course an eight :-) Came to me on the way home.

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

I enjoyed myself top hole. Here are some pics (misty conditions were not good for photography, sadly).

Re: IoW Row Sunday Jan 4

Jackie Tutt
Thank you Chris for organising such a fantastic day out for us all. To repeat Andrews comments a big thanks to the Cutters for welcoming our two non members from the Gig club too.
12