Itchenor regatta 14th, 15th and 16th October

Itchenor regatta 14th, 15th and 16th October

Hi all,
      We have received an invitation to a regatta at Itchenor.  The format is sprint races in different boat types. A few of us went last year and it was a really good event. Last year we were asked to take a Galley and provide a cox or two to cox it all day.
I'm expecting a similar request this year

Invitation .....

We have a rowing supper on Fri 14th October that you are all welcome to join and this can be booked online with details at:  https://www.itchenorsc.co.uk/event/rowing-regatta-dinner  Also there is some club accommodation that can be booked should you wish to stay overnight. If you wish to book accommodation please contact Anna at ISC on 01243 512400.

We are working on the programme but for planning purposes here are outline timings:

Sat 15th HW 3.30pm
               10.30am Briefing
               12 to 4pm 1km Sprint races by boat type Galley, Quad, Longboat, Gig, etc
                4pm Tea

Sun 16th  HW 4pm
                 11am Briefing
                 12 to 3pm 4km Timed races or Row in Company
                  3pm Tea

Further details to follow.

Please post if you are interested and would be able to tow or cox .

Re: Itchenor regatta 14th, 15th and 16th October

JaneDavy
Hi - I would like to attend the Saturday session- and tow a boat if possible (although not done it before).. I can’t make the Sunday so understand if that’s not feasible  as someone else would need to tow it back. Thanks - Jane

Re: Itchenor regatta 14th, 15th and 16th October

Mark Taylor
Happy to join in on the Saturday for races at itchenor.  Note, Sunday is scheduled as a new rowers day at Langstone.  We have precious few of these and I don't think we should cancel it.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Itchenor regatta 14th, 15th and 16th October

Think I am free, so:- sat or sun -  tow, row, cox on either day.

Re: Itchenor regatta 14th, 15th and 16th October

Vernon Seddon
I would like to row on the Saturday

Re: Itchenor regatta 14th, 15th and 16th October

Phil P
Yes please
Phil

Re: Itchenor regatta 14th, 15th and 16th October

Chris Murray
Thanks Rachel.

I would be happy to row on the Saturday.
Cheers, Chris

Re: Itchenor regatta 14th, 15th and 16th October

Hi all. Can I suggest Nigel helps Jane to tow a Galley. Mark is quite right we should continue with Sunday's open row and it looks as if Saturday works for everyone so best to tow over and back on the day.
Could someone volunteer to liase with Itchenor please as I'm away ?

Re: Itchenor regatta 14th, 15th and 16th October

Marcus and I are around for the Saturday should you need anyone else to come. Christine

Re: Itchenor regatta 14th, 15th and 16th October

Hi Rachel,
I can be free on the Saturday if you need any other hands and rowers
Thanks,

Re: Itchenor regatta 14th, 15th and 16th October

Mark Taylor
Rachel,  I am happy to lead this event on Saturday.  I need the email contact at itchenor and I can then finalise the details.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Itchenor regatta 14th, 15th and 16th October

Marcus and I are no longer available to make this event. ( I think we were extra anyway). Enjoy the day. Christine

Re: Itchenor regatta 14th, 15th and 16th October

Hi,
I signed up after Marcus and Christine, so guessing if they were extras I am too?
If that’s the case I’m happy to pull out rather than take someone else’s place that was in the line before me.
Just let me know if I’m still needed nearer the time, I’m happy to do whatever the team needs me to do.

Re: Itchenor regatta 14th, 15th and 16th October

KeithY
Would love to join if theres room please

Re: Itchenor regatta 14th, 15th and 16th October

Mark Taylor
Folks,  ref comments about boats being full . My understanding is that this does not matter.  There will be several races in different craft and all of us can participate in several races.  So no real limit on numbers of lcrc rowers.  I have received some up to date info about the event but need to clarify with organiser a couple of points.  I will then post all details to you which will include some actions you need to register regarding craft preferences and willingness to Cox etc.
I will be putting up a new post to cover all this.  If anyone else wants to join in,  there is still room.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk