Jubilee - a conundrum no more!

Timp
Dear All

A well known "blogger"and Cutters stalwart has posed a question over the true identity of Jubilee?

Sad I know but I feel that after many hours of research I can reveal that I may have an answer.

The National Small Boats register lists at number 971 a 20 foot craft named "Jubilee".........

"Built in 1935 for Ryde Rowing Club by Woodnutts of St Helens Isle of Wight as one of three matching pairs."

Interestingly at the time of the record the register lists the current usage of Jubilee as Sailing!

Now there's a thought a row boat used for sailing.

According to the record Jubilee was in 2008 due to be further restored by the Pat Sherwin Trust which might explain the current set up.

Sad I know, but pleased to offer at least part of a solution as to Jubilee's history, now where is my saw?

Cheers

Tim

Re: Jubilee - a conundrum no more!

Brilliant, Tim. Thanks for revealing the history.
Still a bit of a mystery why she was laid out that way but now we have a builder and a club we may get more information.