Ladies crew for Hamble River Raid - 23rd May

Ladies crew for Hamble River Raid - 23rd May

Our rowing captain has asked me to see if I can get a ladies crew together to compete at the Hamble River Raid on 23rd May. This would be a great chance to kick start your racing season and get in shape early for the River Race. If you are already in training for the Scillies here's your chance to avoid the post race blues.
Please post here if you are interested and I will look at organising some training rows.

Re: Ladies crew for Hamble River Raid - 23rd May

One so far ....

Hi Rachel, yes please!! Debbie.

RE: Ladies crew for Hamble River Raid - 23rd May

Jenny

Hi Rachel I'd like to join you
Thanks Jenny

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- rjnorris [via Langstone Cutters RC] wrote ----

Our rowing captain has asked me to see if I can get a ladies crew together to compete at the Hamble River Raid on 23rd May. This would be a great chance to kick start your racing season and get in shape early for the River Race. If you are already in training for the Scillies here's your chance to avoid the post race blues.
Please post here if you are interested and I will look at organising some training rows.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Ladies-crew-for-Hamble-River-Raid-23rd-May-tp3403.html
To start a new topic under Langstone Cutters RC, email ml-node+[hidden email]

Re: Ladies crew for Hamble River Raid - 23rd May

Jackie Tutt
In for a penny in for a pound, yes please Rachel
Debbie said can we have tiaras ?
Jackie

Re: Ladies crew for Hamble River Raid - 23rd May

Of course we can :-)

Re: Ladies crew for Hamble River Raid - 23rd May

Daphne Berry
How many pounds ? Just wondering ....Daffers x

Re: Ladies crew for Hamble River Raid - 23rd May

Me too please Rachel ~ Cheryl

Re: Ladies crew for Hamble River Raid - 23rd May

Sue Martin
yes please.
Sue

Re: Ladies crew for Hamble River Raid - 23rd May

I make that 6 already. Can I be the stand-by? Sorry, was away skiing. M x

Re: Ladies crew for Hamble River Raid - 23rd May

alison kidd
Yes please, I would like to be considered for a place. We had a good row last year but would be great to do better! Alison

Re: Ladies crew for Hamble River Raid - 23rd May

It's great to see so much interest in a ladies crew! On race day we will need a crew of four and a cox as we won't have time to swap around. I suggest we choose the strongest crew nearer the time to give us all a chance to do some training rows.
I am hoping that we will soon have a galley at the marina so that we can choose our times and as soon as I know I will post some rows. I'm afraid I'm away until after Easter so if anyone else wants to organise a row before that please do!

Re: Ladies crew for Hamble River Raid - 23rd May

There will be places in the mixed crew and there may be an extra Teifi as well so I hope there will be seats for all who wish to row.

Re: Ladies crew for Hamble River Raid - 23rd May

Thanks Chris that's good to know!

Re: Ladies crew for Hamble River Raid - 23rd May

marilyn Rogers
Hi , I don't really like racing !! but if you need an extra for practice I would be more than happy to sit in. Marilyn

Re: Ladies crew for Hamble River Raid - 23rd May

Hi Marilyn, thanks very much for the offer :-) Is there any chance you fancy coxing on the day?