Langstone Cutters on Facebook

Do we need a Facebook presence?
In a moment of fury about the amount of data on me that Mark Zuckerberg hoovers up I recently deleted my Facebook account and since then no-one has posted on the Cutters page.
Is it worth keeping up the FB presence? And is there someone with FB skills who might consider taking it on so it is kept up to date (nothing is more depressing than a page that is clearly moribund and it does not reflect well on the club.)
All comments welcome.

Re: Langstone Cutters on Facebook

Mo Evans
I’m allergic to Facebook too.  My account isn’t in my real name, and is only there so I can use Facebook if I need to.  Nabble works for me.

Re: Langstone Cutters on Facebook

Mark Taylor
Amongst the younger generation,  Facebook is more preferred.  They like the idea of following certain pages so they get informed of events.  So whether we senior aged folk like it or not,  I think a Facebook presence,  regularly maintained would be useful and enabling youth and vitality into our club membership. I guess this would naturally suit in the portfolio of membership secretary.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Langstone Cutters on Facebook

Hi Chris, Cheryl and I will take up the Facebook page if you wish ~ Cheers Ron

Re: Langstone Cutters on Facebook

That would be great, Ron and Cheryl. Are you able to post on the page as it is now, or will you need to set up a new one?
Chris

Re: Langstone Cutters on Facebook

ron and cheryl
I think it may be best if we set up a new one Chris as I have tried to post on the original one without success. Do you have to close down the original one before we set up a new one?

Re: Langstone Cutters on Facebook

I hope not because I have deleted my account and no longer have access. Can you set up a new page?

Re: Langstone Cutters on Facebook

ron and cheryl
I'll Have a go, see you soon ~ Ron