Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

Tessa Collings
If you still need more for varnishing i can now do Tuesday.Tessa

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

Great Tessa thank you I will add you to the list

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

Chris Murray
I'll be there at 9.30am on Monday to help with the boat turning and can stay on to help with varnishing if needed. I can also help on Thursday 11th. Cheers, Chris

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

Mike Ballard
I can be there Monday and prep afterwards and then Tues or Thursday to varnish. Will meet at the garage. Mike

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

BobbyClayton
I can help Tuesday after 1.00 ?? If that’s any good mornings are busy sorry ???

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

Thanks Chris, I'm not sure how many people Geoff needs after the boat if turned on Monday but I will definitely add you to Thurs thank you!

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

Hi Mike, Thank you I have put you down for Thursday at the moment but let me know if you prefer Tues.

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

Hi Bobby, thank you for offering and for sending the bakewell tart which was excellent! We are doing mornings next week but if you fancy baking again .....

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

BobbyClayton
Will get food sent , to you all great job by all

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

Julie A
Sorry I haven't been able to help with this, would have loved to ordinarily but have had commitments and now a grandchild all next week🙁. Hopefully next time...

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

Attention ! For people using the Ship car park!
Especially today ~ Monday 8th April ~~ see Flood Alert below….
Monday morning's tide at 11:45 on 08/04/2024 is higher than normal, with light South Easterly Force 3 winds. The weather increases tide table values by 0.41 m. The total forecast tide is 5.28 metres Chart Datum (2.55 mAOD) at Portsmouth. For 1 hour either side of high water, levels will be high at South Street and Queen Street Emsworth. The Ship Inn car park at Langstone will flood. Water will flow into the road at Langstone High Street, although flood depths will be relatively shallow, and flooding will only cause impacts nearest to the harbour front. At 00:15 on 09/04/2024 the tide is forecast to be higher. We'll issue further advice this afternoon. In Emsworth, we will lower levels in the Mill Pond and install drop boards to protect property. If you have it, and live directly on the harbour front, please install flood protection 1 hour before high tide. We will update this message by 20:00 on 08/04/2024.

And especially tomorrow (Tuesday)…..

A Flood Warning has been issued by the Environment Agency.

Flood Warning in force: Langstone and Emsworth.

Flooding is expected for: Tidal areas at Langstone and Emsworth.

Immediate action required.

Tuesday's early morning tide at 00:15 on 09/04/2024 is higher than normal, due to unsettled weather with strong Southerly Force 7 winds and large waves. The weather increases tide table values by 0.76m. The total forecast tide is 5.75 metres Chart Datum (3.02 mAOD) at Portsmouth.
 !!!!! The tide could be the highest ever recorded. !!!!
For 2 hours either side of high water, Langstone High Street, Ship Inn Pub, Mill Lane, Langstone, South Street, Queen Street and A259 Junction of Lumley Road (Emsworth) will flood. Flood depths will be significant. The tide will flood into the road at Bridge Road car park, Western Parade, Bridgefoot Path and Bath Road. After this tide the weather becomes more settled but minor impacts could continue until Thursday (11/04/2024). To help protect property, we will drain the Mill Pond and install drop boards at Emsworth Promenade. If you have it, please install flood protection 3 hours before high tide including at Bridge Road. We will remove this message by 16:00 on 09/04/2024.

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

KeithY
Sorry just saw this. I can help tomorrow if that helps.

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

I will help tomorrow, Tuesday as Geoff would like 6 varnishing the inside. I do not have transport from the Ship.  Sue

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

Lovely flapjacks and cake.  Thank you Bobby.

!!! The tide could be the highest ever recorded. !!!!
For 2 hours either side of high water, Langstone High Street, Ship Inn Pub, Mill Lane, Langstone, South Street, Queen Street and A259 Junction of Lumley Road (Emsworth) will flood. Flood depths will be significant. The tide will flood into the road at Bridge Road car park, Western Parade, Bridgefoot Path and Bath Road. After this tide the weather becomes more settled but minor impacts could continue until Thursday (11/04/2024). To help protect property, we will drain the Mill Pond and install drop boards at Emsworth Promenade. If you have it, please install flood protection 3 hours before high tide including at Bridge Road. We will remove this message by 16:00 on 09/04/2024.

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

Lesley Grainger
I am down for tomorrow but would like a lift at 9am from the ship if possible please. My car has a 'hot date' with the garage on Weds due to a fuel injection problem & I would prefer not to break down too far away. I will take the chance if absolutely necessary and no one else can.
Lesley x

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

Pam P
Ditto a lift from the Ship please tomorrow.  Is this possible Geoff please, or are we too many?

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

Tessa Collings
Re Tuesday lifts from ship. I have room for 1 or 3 if i take the child seats out. Who else can drive.

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

Hi Keith could you do tomorrow or Wed please?

Re: Langstone Lady renovation next week - Mon need lots of help turning her

I’m going to need a lift from the Ship in the morning as well please, or can pull out if too many going that need lifts, and help a different day instead?!
123