Life back from GRR Drop off Ham Friday 15 Sept

Life back from GRR Drop off Ham Friday 15 Sept

Matt McD
Although rowing this time the Coastal Rowing, I'm dropping our Gig for the GRR on Friday (flexible time)
Is anyone there doing the same and have a spare seat back to Havant for the return leg on Friday.

Flexible on time and contribution to fuel is offered

Regards Matt McDermott
Matt McDermott

Re: Life back from GRR Drop off Ham Friday 15 Sept

RichardH
Hi Matt

I don't know yet as we hope to have 4 people coming back on 15th but can't confirm this till nearer the time.  If there is a spare seat we will let you know

Re: Life back from GRR Drop off Ham Friday 15 Sept

Richard:
All is sorted for Matt McDermot from CRAC to join Colin and I for the way back and to help out at both Canary Wharf and Ham.
The more hands the better as we’ve got the double trailer to unload and I know Matt well (although he does need to change his name or this is going to get very confusing!! 🤣🙈)
Hope that helps all out
See you soon
Matt (the original one!)

Re: Life back from GRR Drop off Ham Friday 15 Sept

As forum admin, may I suggest that confusion is reduced if everyone registers using name and surname?
So, all you Matts edit your profiles!

Re: Life back from GRR Drop off Ham Friday 15 Sept

Matt O’Neill
In all the years I’ve known you Chris, I know better than to cross words with you…

However, I would slightly argue that Matt McDermott has differentiated himself by posting as Matt McD, and after 10+ years of being a Cutter on this forum everyone knows me simply as Matt…I’d also be amazed if any newbies from the last 5+ years even knew my surname, so it wouldn’t make any difference anyway.
May I suggest mug-shots of each of us in the window provided next to our name might help differentiate us both (I’m the grey bearded one btw)

I think if any more Matt’s join the club, then we have a new problem involving surnames and variants of the Matt/Matthew name…but with only 2 of us so far, I’m sure it’ll be understood which one is which for the moment.

Sorry if I sound argumentative - really don’t meant to btw.

Re: Life back from GRR Drop off Ham Friday 15 Sept

….all that said, how on earth do we change our picture?!
Just tried and it didn’t like it?! 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Re: Life back from GRR Drop off Ham Friday 15 Sept

It's not compulsory Matt but the recent surge in membership has highlighted the issue.
And, Matt, you can change the picture using the "edit profile" button you will find if you click on your name, but I suspect it only really works if you are using a PC rather than a phone...

Re: Life back from GRR Drop off Ham Friday 15 Sept

Matt O’Neill
Touche Chris, I’ll log on with my laptop and change my picture soon, afraid I’m much more of an app and mobile phone person these days. But your good point is understood.
Look forward to seeing you again soon my friend.
Matt