Mid Week Row Thursday 24 March

It's my turn to organise the mid week row. I propose Thursday 24 March meet at 14:00. HW is 16:00 at 4.2 mtrs. Weather forcast is currently Light winds from the East and dry and sunny.

Plan for the afternoon is twofold:-

A row will take place down Chichester Harbour, possibly with a trip to Emsworth and then back.

Crews for today
Gladys return by 17.00
Mark
Claire
Mike
Barry
Tessa
frances

Galley
Liz w
John d
James
John c
Geoff

I will specifically take a Claydon out to offer training in rowing technique relating to "feathering" oars. Much of our rowing has been affected by strong winds recently. It is important that we all have the ability to feather oars to avoid our blades acting as air brakes in strong winds.  So, if you would like to take part in this, please indicate when you post.

Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Mid Week Row Thursday 24 March

Liz Walmsley
Yes please for me Mark. Happy that I can confidently feather….

Re: Mid Week Row Thursday 24 March

john d. pearce
Hi Mark
posting for a row. Might be a little late so I can use layby.
Regards
John D.

Re: Mid Week Row Thursday 24 March

James Griffin
yes please (i can feather)

Re: Mid Week Row Thursday 24 March

Claire Tomlinson
I’d like to row but would need to be finished by 5:30.
If that works with you I’ll join you, but if not I’ll join you another time.
Can feather but can always do with practice!
Thanks Claire

Re: Mid Week Row Thursday 24 March

Mike Ballard
Yes please, Mark. And some training and practice in feathering would be great. Thanks, Mike

Re: Mid Week Row Thursday 24 March

Yes please Marilyn

Re: Mid Week Row Thursday 24 March

John Child
Yes please Mark. I can feather but will sit in whichever boat you want to make up the numbers. John

Re: Mid Week Row Thursday 24 March

Tessa Collings
I would like to join you but I do need to be home by 5.00 pm. I hope that will be possible. I do know how to feather but I'm sure I would benefit from some more instruction and practice. Tessa

Re: Mid Week Row Thursday 24 March

Barry Scott
Yes please Mark,

Barry

Re: Mid Week Row Thursday 24 March

Geoff Shilling
Bout time I got back in a boat. Geoff

Re: Mid Week Row Thursday 24 March

Sorry unable to join you today . Marilyn