Mid week row Tues 31st March

RichardThrift
The weather forecast is pretty unpleasant for next week--especially for rowing however there is a glimmer of sunshine on Tuesday morning so we can take advantage by rowing to Emsworth. According to BBC weather chart and the Beauforts Wind Scale it will be a force 5---fresh breeze, sways small trees, effect on sea Moderate!! The wind will be around 19mph so it is at the very lowest end almost a 4. There is a 3.9 so water is low and high tide is 09.55 hrs and full sun at 10am------the only sunshine this week! It will be a little bit rough going to the Kiosk so Ems is the answer. We will meet up at 8.00am to launch the boats by 8.30. Row over to Emsworth for 9.30ish. Have a late brekkie or coffee at the Deck and row back by around 11.00. Look forward to seeing all ardent rowers for good bit of exercise and a few laughs.
Normal procedure take layers of clothing, buoyancy aids etc, sunglasses & suncream.
Kind regards
Richard Thrift

Re: Mid week row Tues 31st March

Les Goodall
Hi Richard.
I'm up for it....
..... Les. 🚣

Re: Mid week row Tues 31st March

Hi Richard, Ron and Cheryl please, thanks.

Re: Mid week row Tues 31st March

Jackie Tutt
Good morning Richard
Yes please for me
many thanks
Jackie

Re: Mid week row Tues 31st March

RichardThrift
Dear Cutters, I think it will be nigh on impossible to do any rowing this week, the weather forecast for Tuesday has changed and the winds are far too high to be safe. The only other option this week where the winds have subsided somewhat is Thursday but it looks dreary and rainy so unless this changes I will cancel this week's row. On a more positive note the following week the tide times look much more comfortable and as the clocks have gone forward we can row later in the afternoons/early evening for the next 7 months so that will be nice.
Richard Thrift