Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

Wednesday seems to be the best day for a row this week. High tide is 14.40 (4.4m), so I propose meeting at 13.00 and rowing down to the Beach Hut at Langstone Harbour mouth for a nice cup of tea.
Return not later than 17.00.

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

Grahaml
Chris, how's the boat renovation coming along?
Graham

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 9, 2014, at 9:48 AM, Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Wednesday seems to be the best day for a row this week. High tide is 14.40 (4.4m), so I propose meeting at 13.00 and rowing down to the Beach Hut at Langstone Harbour mouth for a nice cup of tea.
Return not later than 17.00.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Mid-week-row-Weds-Nov-12-tp2636.html

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

Yes please Chris, Rachel

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

Andrew B
yes please Chris
Andrew

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

Cheryl
Me too please Chris....... Ron will be with us soon!!!!!!

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

Hi Graham in sunny San Diego,
The now slightly-dodgy plywood bottom has come off and awaits replacement, so the project is progressing nicely. Endless sanding is the next step...
Best
Chris

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

Yes please Christine

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

Perfect, I can make this one so please pencil me in. Cheers, Tim

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

MARILYN
yes please, Marilyn

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

Nigel
I should also like to take advantage of what is forecast to be the only drop of non-liquid sunshine this week!

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

Gail Thrift
And me please, Gail

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

The Met Office forecast seems to change from hour to hour but tomorrow afternoon now seems to be a bit windy (F4 gusting F6) but not wet. In view of the wind we will probably not venture into Langstone Harbour but go to Emsworth or possibly down to Verner and back instead.

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

RichardThrift
Hi Chris,
If it is feasible I would like to come along, that would make 9 I reckon.
Because it is a little windy I may have to do some coxing as the wrists have not fully recovered yet.
Hope I can be of assistance, however if it is too difficult a number let me know. I was ok last Tuesday rowing so getting back in the boat is good.

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

Chris, may I crew too? I maybe last minute.com

Cheers

Steve

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

Grahaml
I find a scrapers good for those hard to get at areas. Mine are sheets of steel about 4x6 the edges are easy to sharpen with a it of tool steel.
Happy sanding Graham

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 10, 2014, at 12:45 AM, Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Graham in sunny San Diego,
The now slightly-dodgy plywood bottom has come off and awaits replacement, so the project is progressing nicely. Endless sanding is the next step...
Best
Chris

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Mid-week-row-Weds-Nov-12-tp2636p2641.html

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

I have a cabinet scraper but it is a bit rusty. I have been ashamed to use it ever since a bookbinder friend of mine explained that French bookbinding courses spend a whole day explaining how to sharpen them and the rest of the week on how to use them.

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

Grahaml
Couple of draw file strokes and a rub with tool steel and your away. I just love em. Use them on my guitars all the time.
Graham

Sent from my iPad

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Mid-week-row-Weds-Nov-12-tp2636p2653.html

Re: Mid-week row Weds Nov 12

Teri Baker
Broken band saw blades are brilliant too - just gaffer tape cover the teeth and put the edge on as you say with a flat file - they really hold an edge!