Mid-week row on the afternoon of Thursday July 17

Mid-week row on the afternoon of Thursday July 17

Geoff is sunning himself in Belize or somewhere so it's me again. Sorry.
Thursday looks like being an extremely nice day with sun, fluffy white clouds and warm breezes. High tide is at 16.00 which is TEA TIME, so I suggest we take a picnic tea to Bream Hill.
For those that might not have heard of this wonderful place, Bream Hill is the grassy knoll next to the north slipway at the marina. Chris and Robina have been mowing it so it has become a truly lovely place to picnic.
For me, tea means wafer-thin cucumber sandwiches, strawberries, scones and cream. Also, of course, tea. If you are interested in coming along, please specify which ingredient you would like to bring - nobody needs to bring more than one, though it might be a good idea if two people brought flasks of tea to ensure we have enough. Don't forget rugs.

I might bring a bottle of Cava if I get really carried away.
We will meet at the Mill at 14.00 and get out on the water for a row down harbour and back up to Bream Hill. Back to the Mill at about 1700 depending on how lavish the tea is.

Re: Mid-week row on the afternoon of Thursday June 17

Rachel Norris
Me please Chris ....and hopefully some of my grr  crew too :-)    Rachel

Re: Mid-week row on the afternoon of Thursday June 17

Grahaml
Maybe next time just can not make Thursday.
Graham

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 13, 2014, at 9:16 PM, "Rachel Norris [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Me please Chris ....and hopefully some of my grr  crew too :-)    Rachel

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Mid-week-row-on-the-afternoon-of-Thursday-June-17-tp1746p1747.html

Re: Mid-week row on the afternoon of Thursday June 17

Hi Chris, Cheryl and Ron too please. I'll take leave from work and Cheryl says we will bring strawberries.
Sounds great!

Re: Mid-week row on the afternoon of Thursday June 17

Count me in, please. I'll bring some homemade gingernuts and choc brownies. I'm sorry, but I might be 5 minutes or so after 2 o'clock, I'll be quick as I can. It's a lovely idea, looking forward to it!

Re: Mid-week row on the afternoon of Thursday June 17

No problem, Frances - for homemade gingernuts we will wait almost indefinitely...

Re: Mid-week row on the afternoon of Thursday July 17

Yes please Chris - Coconut and Raspberry Jam loaf - just need to smuggle it out of the larder!

Re: Mid-week row on the afternoon of Thursday July 17

Teri Baker
Hi Chris,
Got room for a home made quiche to go with the picnic? ....... and me too please?

Re: Mid-week row on the afternoon of Thursday July 17

Rachel Norris
Hi Chris, really sorry but I can't make this one after all due to last minute panic. Hope you have a great time! ... Rachel

Re: Mid-week row on the afternoon of Thursday July 17

Absolutely - see you there!