Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

Two years ago the Netley Regatta was washed out by a massive storm. Last year it coincided with the Round Hayling race. This year we may finally get an opportunity to enter this great event.
The location is fantastic - a field half-way up Southampton Water, and there is plenty on shore to keep non-rowers entertained. There is a good medium-distance event and some sprints. The galleys will be right at home, and it would be nice to take a Clayton or two.
Details to be announced, but high water is mid-day so we will probably be loading the boats in the morning and getting back about 5-ish.
More on the regatta here.

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

Elaine
Hi Chris
Sounds good - count me in please!

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

RichardThrift
Hi Chris,
As we discussed with Christine on our Teifi row I would be pleased to take part and join in the fun. Sounds a good day out.

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

alison kidd
I rather fancy this too so please count me in.

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

Grahaml
Please add my name.
Graham Lloyd

Sent from my iPad

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Netley-Regatta-Saturday-June-14-tp1415.html

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

Hi Chris,
Count me in it sounds like a great event.
Les........

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

We now have the guidance notes for the regatta (link below). The main event, the Netley Cup, starts at 13.00 and there is another shorter race at 14.30.
Depending on which races we want to enter, we should be back by six at the very latest, probably earlier.
Netley_Regatta_Guidance_2014.pdf

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

Gladys will be going to Netley, crewed by Codgers Shilling, Bream, Robinson and Partridge, coxed by AN Other. And at least one pilot gig will be going, so it will be a great Cutters event!

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

Grahaml
I would like to join you,I think I have already sent a note.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 4, 2014, at 1:32 PM, "Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Gladys will be going to Netley, crewed by Codgers Shilling, Bream, Robinson and Partridge, coxed by AN Other.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Netley-Regatta-Saturday-June-14-tp1415p1507.html

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

We now have two boats going to Netley:
Gladys: Chris Bream, Alan Robinson, Geoff Shilling, Chris Partridge +cox TBA
Galley: Elaine Parkin, Richard Thrift, Graham Lloyd, Les Goodall, Alison Kidd.
The Gig Club will also be going to there will be a strong Cutters presence at the event.
If anyone else wants to go, sign up here.

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

Nigel
Might I be a "TBA" ???
I'd like to attend, and could tow Gladys if that helps....

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

Hi Nigel,
Yes please. Welcome back to the Codger Crew!
Chris

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

alison kidd
Hi Chris,

I've managed to break my right thumb which is highly inconvenient (and painful ) and I'm afraid puts me out of action for the Netley regatta this weekend. Apologies, but I'm sure there is a Cutter out there ready and waiting to join in with the fun. I may still get there in a supporting capacity.

Best, Alison

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

Very sorry to hear that, Alison. Hope it gets better soon, and hope to see you at the event - are you still able to take pictures?

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

The timetable for Saturday is:
08.30 Meet at the boat park, attach Gladys and a galley.
09.00 Depart Langstone
09.30 Arrive Netley.
10.00 Race Briefing

16.00 Depart Netley
16.30 Arrive Langstone, boats in boat park.

The cost of this jaunt will be about £7 each, to cover £20 per boat entry fee, petrol and pin money.
As usual, we will cram as many people into as few cars as possible. If people want to travel independently that is fine but please let me know - we must have enough people available at the boat park to manhandle the boats up and down the slipway.

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

Grahaml
I would like to come to the mill on my bicycle. Do you think there would some kind person to give me a lift?
Graham

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 12, 2014, at 9:32 AM, "Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

The timetable for Saturday is:
08.30 Meet at the boat park, attach Gladys and a galley.
09.00 Depart Langstone
09.30 Arrive Netley.
10.00 Race Briefing

16.00 Depart Netley
16.30 Arrive Langstone, boats in boat park.

The cost of this jaunt will be about £7 each, to cover £20 per boat entry fee, petrol and pin money.
As usual, we will cram as many people into as few cars as possible. If people want to travel independently that is fine but please let me know - we must have enough people available at the boat park to manhandle the boats up and down the slipway.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Netley-Regatta-Saturday-June-14-tp1415p1555.html

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

The aim is to take as few vehicles as possible so I'm sure there will be a space.

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

alison kidd
I am now definitely coming (in a supporting capacity). I'll turn up at the Mill on Saturday morning and if there's a space in a car for a lift great, if not I'll make my own way there. I should be able to take photos Chris if you've got a camera. Alison

Re: Netley Regatta - Saturday June 14

Hi all
I will be a little late tomorrow as I am meeting Colin at the Marina to launch his sailing boat, after which I will be able to bring his Land Rover over to tow the boats. It would be great if you could bring the boats down onto the beach ready for attachment.
See you tomorrow!
PS Langstone Cutters kit will be worn...