New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00.

New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00.

Dear Rowers,
There will be a New Rowers day on Sunday 26 March at 14:00. Meet at The Mill
HW is 15:45. Although it is grim outside this morning (Sunday), the forcast for most of afternoon is relatively dry, odd shower, light northerly winds. So event is definitely ON. Welcome to British Summer Time.

We potentially have 19 interested rowers, so please be flexible in what you row today. We may need to get all 5 boats out to avoid lengthy waiting times on beach.

The idea of the session will be to invite friends and contacts that you know who may have expressed interest in rowing to come along and have a go. The rows will be relatively short - Around the grass island and back.

Please pass this on to anyone who might be interested and then post below if you are expecting guests to attend. (This helps with understanding how we are to run the session).

Our guest rowers for Sunday as of Thursday there are 14 who are:-
Sue and Angela who both tried rowing last year
Jeremy, Sonia and Dee (Friends of Dave and Josie)
Andy and Liz (Friends of Liz W)
A friend of Mike B
Steph and Jo who have tried rowing before
Julie (from Chi Harbour Friends)
Angie, John, Noel and Polly from Emsworth Slipper SC
Gill
Roger
1 or 2 friends of Sue L

We have 15 LCRC experienced rowers listed below who are will ing to help out. I would like to get One Galley, Sweare Deep and a Claydon out to give the full experience and get our guests to try each craft.

Still time to come along and help or sign-up extra visitors.

Now, here's the challenging bit - We are a great club of wonderful rowers, but our average age is on the increase. So feel free to invite as many similarly aged people to come along, but consider if there are folk of a younger generation that you might want to invite to attend.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

john d. pearce
Hi Mark
Meet you on the beach
John D.

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

Wendy and Stephen
We will be there to help  - Stephen and Wendy

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

I will be there to help and will let you know idc if I have drummed up any interest.

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

I have three prospective interested rowers who want to come along - Steph and Jo and Also Julie.
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

Mo Evans
I’ll come and help. Update 25.03.23 - I've had Covid and am still testing positive, so I guess I'd better not come this time. Sorry Mark.  I'm so looking forward to getting back to rowing.

Mo

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

Mike Ballard
Happy to be there to help and hoping to get at least one person who is interested. Regards, Mike

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

RichardH
Hi Mark

I will be there and happy to help in any way.  One of those who came last year to an open day is also coming again (Stephanie).

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

I have two interested folk who would like to join us, Andy and Liz.  My husband Matt might also be there to assist if required (not a member but has done a number of experience rows and could be handy in a boat or shoreside)

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

Hope to be there to help.

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

I should be around to help out, hope to bring a couple of good friends with me too

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

Dave & Josie
Hi Mark,
Dave and I will be there to help where we can and will be bringing two interested friends…. Jeremy and Dee.

Thanks - Josie

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

Hi Mark, we, Ron and Cheryl, will be there to help if required.

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

I will be there. Sue

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

Claire Tomlinson
Happy to come along and help.
Claire

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

Sorry Mark, afraid I can’t be around to help out with this one now, due to family coming over to visit from Ireland.
Hope to be able to help out at one of these days soon though, and looks like you have a lot of helpers already.
Thanks, Matt

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

Dave & Josie
Hi Mark,

Following my message saying I had two people interested, I now have a third! Jeremy’s wife Sonia will be coming along.  Hope that’s ok.

Best wishes - Josie

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00

RichardH
Hi Mark,
Sue and Angela are coming.  They came to an open day last year and would like another go.

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00.

tombennettx@gmail.com
Hi Mark
I've a wife of a friend who would very much like to come along and try rowing with our club. I understand she has done the Get up and Go course so she should be reasonable capable. Unfortunately I can't be with you on Sunday so would it be ok if she came along and introduced herself to you. Her name is Gill and she lives in Langstone High Street.
Tom

Re: New Rowers - "Try it out" Day - Sunday 26th March 14:00.

Ann Carroll
Hi Mark

Gill Parks would like to try it out with a view to joining. She has applied to CRAC but would like to try LCRC as she lives in Langstone High Street.
12