New Year Row to Cowes CANCELLED

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sunday Jan 3

nigel
...and I'd like to come along as well, if it doesn't conflict with moving Sallyport and the numbers are convenient. Cheers. Nigel.

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sunday Jan 3

Victoria Holliday
Yes pls to Mike and I

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sunday Jan 3

Russ Waite
Hi Chris,
Yarmouth are thinking of launching
Rosemary and meeting you out on
the water,is the event on for Sunday..?
Cheers,Russ

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sunday Jan 3

Shellz
I'm out Chris. 2nd suited me but on the 3rd I'll be nursing a hangover with a large group of friends somewhere in deepest darkest East Sussex.

Hope it's a good row.

Shel X

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sunday Jan 3

Hi Shelz...that's sad, but for you the good news is that the weather forecast is so bad postponement is very likely, so you may be able to come after all!
Hi Russ...that's good, but for you the sad news is that the weather forecast is so bad postponement is very likely, so you may have to revise your plans!
Hi Everyone...the forecast is not good, in fact so bad I think there is very little likelihood that we will get across. Stay tuned...

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sunday Jan 3

Christine
If you don't go Sunday and it goes on another Saturday Marcus and I would be interested. Sorry for you all if it doesn't happen.

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sunday Jan 3

Shellz
I'll also look out for a new date.  Plus I've got new drugs from my lovely pill dispenser, aka oncologist, which are supposed to help me a bit with energy and warmth so I may be able to get back in a boat with confidence very soon!!

Happy New Year all.

Shel X

Re: New Year Row to Cowes CANCELLED

The weather forecast for Sunday is dreadful - winds gust F9 directly onto the slipway at Lee and lots of rain with it. So the row is with regret cancelled.
High water at Langstone is not until 18.00 so no rowing there either. Boring...

Re: New Year Row to Cowes CANCELLED

Mike Gilbert

Skiffs available!!

On 1 Jan 2016 6:24 pm, "Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
The weather forecast for Sunday is dreadful - winds gust F9 directly onto the slipway at Lee and lots of rain with it. So the row is with regret cancelled.
High water at Langstone is not until 18.00 so no rowing there either. Boring...

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/New-Year-Row-to-Cowes-CANCELLED-tp6191p6433.html

Re: New Year Row to Cowes CANCELLED

Always tempting but the forecast shows winds gusting F9 and a 95 per cent chance of heavy rain so I suspect it won't be fun.
Perhaps we can gather round after bringing Sallyport home and, as estate agents say, 'take a view'.

Re: New Year Row to Cowes CANCELLED

Mike Gilbert

Sounds about right...

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/New-Year-Row-to-Cowes-CANCELLED-tp6191p6443.html