New Year Row to Cowes, Sat Jan 4

Hi all,
We will be taking a gig to join Henley Whalers in a row to Cowes on Saturday Jan 4 (not the2nd as originally posted). It was a great event last year, even though the Whalers couldn't make it because their boat, Molly, was iced in on her mooring on the Thames.
This year Blakeney Coastal Rowing Club is coming along too, with their St Ayles Skiff Hoi Larntan.
The plan is to meet at Northney at 09.00. Mike has volunteered to tow. We will launch at the Camber in Portsmouth at 10.00. It should take about 1hr 30m to row the 10 miles to Cowes. We will have lunch at the Union and start the return journey not later than 14.00. We should be back at Northney by 17.00.
Please post your interest on this thread!
Chris

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sat Jan 2

Andrew B
This post was updated on .
Chris - yes please, Andrew  -  also have a tow bar if required.

*Andrew Berry*
Andrew

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sat Jan 2

....which calendar are we on? First Saturday in january is the 4th in my 2014 diary.
The tides on (Thursday) the 2nd would be good for go at 10-00, but not ideal by the 4th. In both cases the spring tides should make the Portsmouth harbour entrance a very interesting place to be.....especially if the wind is anywhere northerly.
.....but I'm still interested!
Cheers
Nigel.

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sat Jan 4

Damian Grounds
Banned User
Yes please Chris. I love to do it.

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sat Jan 4

Hi all
If this weather doesn't wash me away before new year I am interested.
MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sat Jan 4

yes please Chris if there is still space .... Rachel

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sat Jan 4

Sorry can't make it after all  have an unexpected eye op on Monday and am not allowed :-(  might be a good thing as I missed the fact that this is a gig row and I've only been out in a gig a couple of times! Hope you enjoy it, Rachel

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sat Jan 4

Barry Scott
I would love to join the crew for the expedition to Cowes.

Barry

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sat Jan 4

Yes please, I would be interested if there is still space. Marion

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sat Jan 4

June Ekberg
Hi Chris,

If there is room I would like to join you.

Thanks very much. June

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sat Jan 4

robina
Chris B very interested.

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sat Jan 4

Alan Harding
Hi Chris,

If there is still a space I would a place please.

Thanks,

Al

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sat Jan 4

Peter L
I would love to join you for this if there is space.

Peter

Re: New Year Row to Cowes, Sat Jan 4 CANCELLED

Hi everyone,
I have been waiting for the weather forecast for Saturday to miraculously change to clear sunny skies and light breezes but it stubbornly sticks at rain and gales. It will be neither safe nor fun. So with regret the Cowes trip is off.
Chris