Notice to all towers

RichardH
Hi

Thank you to all who tow boats to other places for events and rowing for the benefit of the club.

However the committee would ask you to check your car insurance to ensure that towing trailers in included in your insurance and also that any breakdown cover also includes trailer recovery.

Many thanks

Re: Notice to all towers

Phil P
Dear Richard
Most insurance will cover you for towing ,but will not pay for the towed thing if damaged .
As regards breakdown .If the car breaksdown they will not recover any of our trailers as too long .If the trailer breaks you are on your own .
Phil
Tim

Re: Notice to all towers

Tim
Hi Richard

The insurance provides third party cover for damage caused by the trailer and - I believe - the club has insurance to cover damages to the trailer and boat. We have this morning spoken to the AA who do not have a length limitation and are currently offering full recovery cover including trailers for £135 a year apparently this is 40% off their normal rates……..

Kind regards

Tim