Outing on Sunday Mar 1?

No rowing has been scheduled for this weekend because of the tides and Saturday is going to be windy and wet anyway, but Sunday looks as though it will be nice with gentle northerly breezes (F3) and some sun perhaps. Low water is at 14.04 (1.6m).
So would anyone be interested in launching a boat or two from Northney at about 12.00 and rowing down to Langstone Harbour mouth?
We could poke our nose into the Channel and if it isn't too bouncy make a big circle before coming in for lunch at the Ferryboat Inn. Then we can take the flood back to Northney returning at about 16.00.
Lifejackets will be carried (though going out into the Channel will be strictly on a fair weather basis).

Re: Outing on Sunday Mar 1?

Andrew B
Chris - yes please
Andrew

Re: Outing on Sunday Mar 1?

Annika
Yes please, count Claudia and Annika in plus either myself or Holger but not both.  One of us has to do the football run for Patrick.

Thank you very much

Katy

Re: Outing on Sunday Mar 1?

Andrew B
sorry Chris - can't make it after all !
Andrew

Re: Outing on Sunday Mar 1?

Hi Chris

I came along last Sunday having initially made contact with Mike.
On my way down , I was stuck behind a couple of cars which hit one another ( no injuries ) and when I finally did arrive, I waited around at the wrong slipway having forgotten about the other one tucked around the corner. I finally bumped into one of your guys who was on his way home and who told me that the strong wind and high tide had put paid to any rowing that day, hence I missed meeting you guys.

Anyway, as per previous emails, I would love to " try before I buy " as Mike suggested and would love to join you this Sunday if possible.  I have done a lot of boating small and large and love being on the water.

Please advise.
Thanks, Best

Re: Outing on Sunday Mar 1?

Hi Andy,
Very sorry we missed you on Sunday - the chap you met obviously didn't have the full information which was that most of us were in the pub and you would have been very welcome to join us but these things happen.
The row on Sunday is rather a long one for a first time rower so I would advise that you come along on the following Sunday for one of our taster sessions when we will be able to devote our full attention to getting you acclimatised. I hope that's OK.
See you then and bring your wellies!
Chris

Re: Outing on Sunday Mar 1?

Andy Mac
Many thanks Chris
Look forward to seeing you the following weekend.
Have a good one on Sunday

Re: Outing on Sunday Mar 1?

Teri
yes please Chris!

Re: Outing on Sunday Mar 1?

Chris, yes please Steve and probably Nicky Cheers

Re: Outing on Sunday Mar 1?

Yes please Chris. Marion

Re: Outing on Sunday Mar 1?

Sue Martin
Yes please Chris.

Re: Outing on Sunday Mar 1?

Chris, apologies down with a lergie and shivering m'timbers so no rowing for me and probably Nicky will keep her distance too! Have a great row Cheers Steve

Re: Outing on Sunday Mar 1?

Sorry to hear that, Steve - get well soon!
There is a strong chance it's not going to happen anyway - the forecast is for Force 6 winds gusting Force 9 at noon...so unless things radically improve we will all be staying at home.