Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

Saturday looks like being a sunny if a bit breezy day with an afternoon high tide (14.45, 4.7m) so how about a picnic in Portchester Castle?
It is a longish row under the bridges of Port Creek. We will need to get on the water as early as practical so I suggest we meet at the Mill at 12.00 so we can get the boats on the beach ready to go as soon as the tide comes in.
On these occasions everyone brings something for the picnic, so if you can say what you propose to bring we can make sure there is a variety rather than all strawberries (though some strawberries are a must, obvs.)
We will be back by about 16.30.

Re: Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

Dee
Sounds great Chris but would you mind if I put my name down as maybe please ? . Wonder boy is home so I'm on mum duties .

Re: Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

Hi Chris, how cool is that, Ron and Cheryl definitely up for this. We will bring sausage rolls and a box of rather nice (not too strong) fruit wine. ~ Cheers Ron and Cheryl

Re: Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

Richard Harrison
Hi Chris

It sounds like a great row but I notice that Gladys, Langstone Lady and Sallyport are all having Grr practices that day.  For us in Sallyport it is one of the few rows we can have as a complete team so we will try to row somewhere for 2.5 hours if that OK with you.  Sorry we won't be joining you as it does sound tempting.   I don't know what the other teams will be doing

Re: Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

Why don't you come along? Portchester is a good meaty row and strawberries and cream are superfoods recognised by sports nutritionists as ideal for athletes in training.

Re: Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

Peter O'Sullivan
Hi Chris
I am not sure if your email below is addressed to me, or is a generic invite via the website.
In either case I would normally jump at the opportunity. However I am in Siena returning Monday. Let's do it again.
Regards & thanks
Peter O'Sullivan
07710035722

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 3:37 PM +0200, "Chris Partridge [via Langstone Cutters RC]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Why don't you come along? Portchester is a good meaty row and strawberries and cream are superfoods recognised by sports nutritionists as ideal for athletes in training.

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Picnic-at-Portchester-Castle-1200-Saturday-July-23-tp8482p8489.html
To start a new topic under Langstone Cutters RC, email ml-node+[hidden email]

Re: Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

Andy Mac
Hi Chris,

We have a full crew for GRR training in Langstone Lady on Saturday.

Hoping that this does not impact upon your plans.

Best

Re: Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

All training crews are welcome to come to Porchester. Regard the picnic as a team-building exercise!

Re: Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

Lesley Kent
I'd like to come if possible please Chris.  Lesley

Re: Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

Jenny
Yes please for Jenny and Dave. We will bring, cheese and biscuits and water melon.

Re: Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

Hi Chris

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful invitation to join you all on saturday.

We had a chat about this after training today and as we very rarely have the luxury of having the full crew available, we will be working our way through a lot of training excercises on saturday, but thanks again for thinking of us.

Wishing you all a super trip and picnic.

Best

Re: Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

I am keen to come for a picnic, or any excuse for an extended row!
Can bring savouries such as sausage rolls, but open to suggestions....

Note The Portchester S.C. is holding a "Species Cup" dinghy race between 2pm and 4pm, so extra care is needed on approach to the club/slipway - not to get in the way of ardent sailors.
Also (due to the Americas cup at Southsea) we might see a little bit of the BLADES air display team early on in our travels.
AIR DISPLAY/AEROBATICS WI 2NM RADIUS 504641N 0010530W (SOUTHSEA,
HAMPSHIRE). FOR INFO 07771 815705. 16-07-0041/AS1
FROM: 23 Jul 2016 10:45 GMT (11:45 BST)
TO: 24 Jul 2016 11:30 GMT (12:30 BST)
SCHEDULE: 23 24 1045-1130

Re: Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

Hi Chris,
Aileen and I would like to do our training on your row. We will need a cox though.  Would like to take 15 seconds but she isn't on here trailer, so either Holly or a teifi as it is sculling training for Aileen.  Will think of some food to bring, presently.

Re: Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

Yes please , I'm not needed at home Chris . I'll bring sausage rolls and other bits .

Re: Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

The weather looks excellent tomorrow so looking forward to seeing you all at noon. I will be bringing cava and possibly some strawbs.
Reminder to everyone - if you want a hot drink please bring a flask and a cup.

Re: Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

I'm bringing grapes and biscuits.

Re: Picnic at Portchester Castle 1200 Saturday July 23

Cheryl and I will bring summer fruit wine, flap jacks and chocolate digestive crunch. Not sausage rolls as mentioned before as others seem to be doing that. See you all later.