Possible row to Bembridge 8th August - now moved to 9th - CANCELLED

Re: Possible row to Bembridge 8th August - now moved to 9th

Richard B
Hi Rachel, I could do Weds 9th and can Tow, but hitch is on motorhome so will need to pick up from High Street etc. No takers yet for Thursday 10 Sallyport row 1730 so will shelve that if Bembridge row is on. Let me know. Richard B.

Re: Possible row to Bembridge 8th August - now moved to 9th

Joan
I can do Wednesday - can’t tow though.

Re: Possible row to Bembridge 8th August - now moved to 9th

Susan Wagg
I can do Wednesday if the numbers work
Sue

Re: Possible row to Bembridge 8th August - now moved to 9th

Yes, I can still do Wednesday 😁 Marion

Re: Possible row to Bembridge 8th August - now moved to 9th

Rachel, I can help you load and unload as I will be with the Shovellors. Michael

Re: Possible row to Bembridge 8th August - now moved to 9th - CANCELLED

Wonderful row with the Shovellers today, calm and sunny. Only an hour and a half each way with a lovely lunch on the beach in Bembridge.
I think it would be a great row for our club, we do like a destination row. Michael

Re: Possible row to Bembridge 8th August - now moved to 9th - CANCELLED

Totally back Michael up on that.
It was a lovely row to a lovely place. The sort of thing we should be doing more often as a club to break things up a bit.

Re: Possible row to Bembridge 8th August - now moved to 9th - CANCELLED

Sounds like a great day. I'm sorry we missed out this time but now that you two have done it might you be able to help plan it for us?

Re: Possible row to Bembridge 8th August - now moved to 9th - CANCELLED

Very happy to look into it, with Michael’s help.
When on the trip we were talking about looking at possible dates of early to mid-September to do it again, if weather improves, so happy to start looking into it for the club.

Re: Possible row to Bembridge 8th August - now moved to 9th - CANCELLED

Thanks Matt that sounds perfect

Re: Possible row to Bembridge 8th August - now moved to 9th - CANCELLED

No problem Rachel, I’ve just reached out to Guy Perkins - friend and main organiser for the Shovellers - and have recommended we try to put something together for the 2 clubs (possibly including CRAC as well) to go across again in September, utilising their safety boat etc. as well.

We think this should be very doable to arrange, but would have to be a limited number of 2, possibly 3, boats per club, due to logistics at the launch slip in Old Portsmouth, organising with Portsmouth Harbour to get us all out together, as well as the number of people the beach cafe in Bembridge can accommodate (Shovellers would have 10 of their own members as well).

So, I’ll keep liaising with Michael and Guy, and we’ll all keep an eye on the weather in September and arrange accordingly.
See you soon

Re: Possible row to Bembridge 8th August - now moved to 9th - CANCELLED

Rachel, happy to help in any way.
When talking to Richard the Trust trustee he suggested a tow and row up the Arun also, as not so weather dependant.
Will keep up with both as we do seem to have the same goal of a destination row.
Michael
12