Queens funeral, Gloriana update

michael
Hi members,
We had a very emotional and enjoyable day on the Thames in Langstone Lady representing our club accompanying Gloriana to Runnymede for the passing of the cortège.
There were just 6 rowing boats mostly from the local club plus Molly from Henley and us.
We launched at Penton Lock Marina which put us straight into our first lock ever. Came out the other side, that’s the important bit!! Then accompanied Gloriana in line astern up to the viewing station. As the cortège passed we tossed our oars in salute and silence. This we had just practised for the first time as a full crew, the salute that is, not the silence. You all know who we are, the silence was the part we should have practised!!
I shall try to attach some pictures.
Michael
Michael, Lesley, Marilyn, Joan, Claire and Tom

Re: Queens funeral, Gloriana update

That sounds like an amazing experience, so pleased you were able to go.

Re: Queens funeral, Gloriana update

Well done guys,
This sounds a really great experience.
Thanks for representing our great club with such honour

Re: Queens funeral, Gloriana update

Mike Ballard
That looks like it was really special. Shame there was nothing on the TV coverage on Sky. Should be very proud, guys!

Re: Queens funeral, Gloriana update

Anne3
Excellent - well done! I did see Gloriana on ITV, but no other identifiable boats. Might be worth scrolling through on the Hub - if you have time!

Re: Queens funeral, Gloriana update

Margaret
Well done everyone, it’s great the club was represented