Radio care

nigel
This lunchtime when I arrived for Tom's row, I found one of the vhf's in full view of the public, on top of the cabinet. It had been left out in the open, the waterproof baghad been opened and badly rescaled so that rain (possibly seawater) had enthered. Fortunately the flash 'n float had not been triggered for long so there was still some charge left in the vhf.
SOMEONE LEFT THE RADIO OUT ON SUNDAY. IT COULD EASILY HAVE BEEN STOLEN,

IF YOU CANNOT OPEN THE STORAGE CABINET, ASK FOR ASSISTANCE. IF YOU CANNOT REMEMBER THE CODE, ASK FOR ASSISTANCE.
If you still cannot sort out the problem, keep the vhf secure somewhere (or take it home) and inform one of the committee members immediately.
Don't just leave it as a temptation for any passer-by to steal it !