Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday O9.00 Excursion Row

Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday O9.00 Excursion Row

Crew/Party people,

Please note later time, looking at the water today we may not be able to launch and get into position for first race scheduled 09:30 so we may have to row out in between a finish and start. Plan is to moor as tripled up raft to a spare out of the way mooring buoy. Winds are currently light enough to permit short handed crew to row. After racing or probably sooner we can go to the marina and find our berth (Coxes note a busy day in the marina so watch for moving masts/ listen for motors and as always do not assume the skipper has seen you or will respond in time) Then we can populate two Galleys and have a light row up the channel on the Ebb tide.   Remember waterproofs and Brollies

Notes:

Crew have offered so far :
Marilyn : Croissants
Marcus and Christine: Bucks Fizz and Coffee/Tea
Steve : Fruit

( I will leave a race course map schedule /Boat Hook and my gear in the first Galley on a Dolly)

Saturday is the Gig Club Regatta we had a great time last year cheering the crews on. This year we also want to dock the x3 Galley's in the Marina in preparation for the Round Hayling Race on Sunday. So.....Racing starts at 09.30 on a  11.23 4.1m. Can we gather at 08.45 prep boats for rafting (all available fenders please and then for racing on Sunday . Launch as crew/water/weather permits. x3 Galleys moored in the middle'ish of the course. Methinks....Continental breakfast pastries and bucks fizz, maybe some coffee too!. Depending on crew numbers a row up the channel as boats are overnighting in the Marina. Personally I am at the safety briefing on the North Slip and will need picking up just before racing starts. I will leave a car there and then ferry folk back after the row. Hope this makes sense please sign up and I will post final details again on Friday.

Cheers

Steve

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday 08.45 Excursion Row

Dee
I'll be there Steve

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday 08.45 Excursion Row

Hi Steve, Ron and Cheryl for this please ~ Cheers

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday 08.45 Excursion Row

Marcus and I will be there. Christine

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday 08.45 Excursion Row

Lesley Kent
Count me in please Steve. Lesley x

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday 08.45 Excursion Row

Richard Harrison
Hi steve
yes please count me in for this
Also would you like me to pick you up from Northney?  if so what time?
cheers

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday 08.45 Excursion Row

Hi Steve

I'll be there to do whatever needs to be done in terms of moving boats and and spectating etc.

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday 08.45 Excursion Row

Les Goodall
Hi Steve.
As Email

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday 08.45 Excursion Row

Hi Richard Picking up with one of the boats before the racing starts will do > Cheers

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday 08.45 Excursion Row

Yes please.  Marilyn x

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday 08.45 Excursion Row

shahnaz
unfortunately not bale to join you all for sat , collecting my sister from Airport ,but will be there for sundae at 9:30, shahnaz

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday 08.45 Excursion Row

Julia
Hi Steve,

Can't be there until 11.00/11.30 ish.  If anyone can meet us, we can help row one of the galley's across if needed.  Please repost if this is an option.  Thanks Julia & Steve

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday 08.45 Excursion Row

Steve Woods
Julia, no worries, we will come and get you or meet you in the marina I will have my phone on Number below Cheers

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday O9.00 Excursion Row

Hi All

Thanks for all the info Steve.

I will bring along a selection of snacks or pastries in the morning.

Steve, just to give you the heads up and to be 100% clear crew wise on Saturday.

I'll be joining in with moving boats and watching the regatta etc, but I will NOT be rowing beyond that.

Happy to cox or passenger, but I need to give my shoulders a rest after seven hours of rowing already this week.

See you all in the morning.
Best

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday O9.00 Excursion Row

Chocolate cerial and flap jack bites.

We dont have a supermarket in Arundel.

Is there anything specific that I can buy?

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday O9.00 Excursion Row

Hi Steve, Cheryl and I will bring some Danish Pastries and some flasks of coffee laced with ASDA's version of Baileys Cream. (A particular favourite of ours that must be tried) ~ Cheers Ron and Cheryl

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday O9.00 Excursion Row

Hi Steve,
I'm in London for a family funeral today and staying overnight, but if I get back in time in the morning would love join you all....keep your phone on, as I can come and paddle out to you if I'm too late!
Cheers,

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday O9.00 Excursion Row

Les Goodall
Doughnuts ( jam ones )

Re: Regatta Party Boat(s) Saturday O9.00 Excursion Row

I'll bring something edible , no idea what ....
Dee