River Hamble Acclimatisation Row CANCELLED

River Hamble Acclimatisation Row CANCELLED

Sadly, a shortage of people able to tow means we won't be able to get enough boats to the Hamble for this to work, so we will stay at the Mill for open rowing. I would urge you all to come along and put in some practice as crews.

Next weekend is the only opportunity to go on the Hamble to acquaint coxswains and crews with the Hamble River Raid course, and Saturday is the RNLI event so it has to be Sunday.
I propose to take a galley and the Teifis if there is enough demand. We will launch at Warsash, row over to the start point at Hamble-le-Rice for coffee at the excellent cafe there, and continue up to the Horse and Jockey for lunch.
The itinerary is:
09.30 Meet at the Mill.
11.00 Launch Warsash.
15.00 Recover Warsash.
16.00 Return Langstone.
All are welcome, but priority will obviously be given to coxswains and crews competing in the HRR.

Re: River Hamble Acclimatisation Row Sunday May 8

Andy Mac
Yes please Chris.

Re: River Hamble Acclimatisation Row Sunday May 8

Hi Chris,
I should be free next Sunday, so yes please.
Happy to give anyone a lift if needed too.

Re: River Hamble Acclimatisation Row Sunday May 8

I'll be there Chris .

Re: River Hamble Acclimatisation Row Sunday May 8

alison kidd
Hi Chris, I can make it but will need to meet you at Warsash for launching.

Alison

Re: River Hamble Acclimatisation Row Sunday May 8

That's fine Alison - see you there!

Re: River Hamble Acclimatisation Row Sunday May 8

Jenny
Yes please Chris
Jenny

Re: River Hamble Acclimatisation Row Sunday May 8

Teri
Morning Chris,  please include me on this one as it would appear I need to improve my currently vague idea of the course!  Cheers.

Re: River Hamble Acclimatisation Row Sunday May 8

Hi Chris, Ron and Cheryl for this please. Do you want me to bring maps of the course ~ Cheers

Re: River Hamble Acclimatisation Row Sunday May 8

Paula Bray
Hi chris - if a junior crew I will bring Molly over and can help or row or just walk the dog.  If no junior crew might have to insist that Molly stays home to do her homework though.

Paula

Re: River Hamble Acclimatisation Row CANCELLED

Sneaky move to the top to make sure everyone gets the message that the Hamble trip on Sunday is OFF due to lack of towers.

Re: River Hamble Acclimatisation Row CANCELLED

ron and cheryl
Hi Chris, Cheryl and I will be at the open row and will bring Hamble River Raid Course Maps for coxes to contemplate ~ Cheers

Re: River Hamble Acclimatisation Row CANCELLED

alison kidd
Noted, that's a shame. I'm not sure my little Panda would be up to towing even if I did have a towbar!

Alison

Re: River Hamble Acclimatisation Row CANCELLED

Teri
That's a real shame Chris.  I hate to be the one to ask this, but are we going to have a similar problem on the day of the River Raid, or do you have a cunning contingency plan in hand?

Re: River Hamble Acclimatisation Row CANCELLED

Colin and Mike are coming on the day, Teri, and both have Landies so we should be OK.

Re: River Hamble Acclimatisation Row CANCELLED

Such a shame . Ok I'll be there for the open but what time is this please Chris

Re: River Hamble Acclimatisation Row CANCELLED

That's a shame, but I'll get there for the open row instead