Ron is retiring - mid week row 26th Nov - full

Ron is retiring - mid week row 26th Nov - full

Andrew B
This post was updated on .
For the benefit of anyone who has been on the planet Mars for the last few months, Ron  ( of Ron & Cheryl fame ) is retiring soon.

Ron's first day of retirement is 26th Nov and he has requested the regular midweek rowers put on an extra exciting special row in honour of this fine day.

Weather etc permitting we will aim to tow to Dell Quay, launch there, pub lunch at Bosham, return.

HW is roughly 13:30, just off peak springs

We need two towers, and will take the double trailer, and single each with one galley on.

More details nearer the time, this post is to ask Ron's many friends to keep the date free, anyone welcome. I imagine we will meet at the Mill about 9:30.

All this is weather dependent anyway​ and I'll take a decision nearer the time as to whether to shrink it to a normal row from the Royal Oak - or try for the original plan, which seemed so reasonable when the sun was shining.

Tower 1 - Andrew
Tower 2 - Greg

2 x galleys, each with a rotating  passenger, so 12 places, no more.

1. Ron - of course
2. Cheryl - of course
3. Andrew - confirmed
4. Debbie - confirmed
5. Christine - posted
6. Jenny - posted
7. Rachel - posted

8. Greg - confirmed
9. Jackie - confirmed

10. Steve
11. Marilyn

12. Nigel

Reserves : Tim

Thanks,
Andrew

confirmed nots....Geoff Shilling

Andrew

Re: Ron is retiring - mid week row 25th Nov ADVANCED NOTICE

Jenny
Hi Andrew
I would like to join in Rons retirement row if its on the Wed 26th?  I was a bit confused as your subject title reads 25th but the text reads 26th or is it me reading it wrong? Quite possible!
Thanks
Jenny

Sent from Samsung Mobile

For the benefit of anyone who has been on the planet Mars for the last few months, Ron  ( of Ron & Cheryl fame ) is retiring soon - on 25th Nov

ember.

Ron's first day of retirement is 26th Nov and he has requested the regular midweek rowers put on an extra exciting special row in honour of this fine day.

Weather etc permitting we will aim to tow to Dell Quay, launch there, pub lunch at Bosham, return.

HW is roughly 13:30, just off peak springs

We need two towers, and will take the double trailer, and single each with one galley on.

More details nearer the time, this post is to ask Ron's many friends to keep the date free, anyone welcome. I imagine we will meet at the Mill about 9:30.

Tower 1 - Andrew
Tower 2 - ?

2 x galleys, each with a rotating  passenger, so 12 places, no more.

1. Ron
2. Cheryl
3. Andrew
4. Debbie
5. Tower 2
6. Strong person to get boats back on trailer
7. Strong person to get boat back on trailer
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew

http://langstone-cutters-rc.1095392.n5.nabble.com/Ron-is-retiring-mid-week-row-25th-Nov-ADVANCED-NOTICE-tp2567.html

Re: Ron is retiring - mid week row 25th Nov ADVANCED NOTICE

Me please  ... Rachel

Re: Ron is retiring - mid week row 26th Nov ADVANCED NOTICE

I'd like to join too in celebrating Ron's retirement. Christine

Re: Ron is retiring - mid week row 26th Nov ADVANCED NOTICE

Andrew B
mmmm ....maybe we are heading for 3 boats ? Need another tower .......and will need help loading boats day before
Andrew

Re: Ron is retiring - mid week row 26th Nov ADVANCED NOTICE

Geoff
I will be there. Geoff

Sorry Ron. I'm now working on that Wednesday. So I pulling out. Geoff

Re: Ron is retiring - mid week row 26th Nov

Andrew B
OK Geoff thanks for letting us know - is anyone looking at the flat trailer wheel ?
Andrew

Re: Ron is retiring - mid week row 26th Nov

MARILYN
I look forward to joining you, Marilyn

Re: Ron is retiring - mid week row 26th Nov

Andrew B
OK Marilyn - post updated - thanks
Andrew

Re: Ron is retiring - mid week row 26th Nov

Nigel
Could you add me in as the 12th man, please Andrew, if the space hasn't already been filled. Ta.
Nigel.

Re: Ron is retiring - mid week row 26th Nov

Andrew B
Thanks Nigel - please will you help with loading the trailers on the Sunday afternoon  ? After the open row ?
Do you know if the Tyre pressure are OK ?
Andrew

Re: Ron is retiring - mid week row 26th Nov - 1 space left - full

Andrew, please can you keep me on a reserve or maybe "we" tow the Claydon over?  I just need to confirm an appointment,  if not see you all in the pub ! Cheers

Re: Ron is retiring - mid week row 26th Nov - 1 space left - full

I still cannot confirm the day off so will stand down as the hired muscle in favour of an even more muscular S Woods esquire. Please show me as reserve🎅